Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone!

5 posters

Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello everyone!

Post  Markus Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:02 am

Hello all, my name is Mark, I’m a long time lurker here at IBC and eagerly devour the posts every day. I feel like I know the regular contributors here and felt it high time to start participating.
So as an introduction, my interest in Bonsai started around the age of 24, I had a ragtag collection of saplings of a far too tender age to be called bonsai, but I think most of us started out like that, then lost all interest after 5 or so years.
Fast forward 20 years, my interest is rekindled and for the past 5 years I have been concentrating on developing my small collection of mostly shohin sized plants, this time with a more experienced eye and more importantly, lots of patience.
My other interests include photography, gardening, and keeping Australian native rainbow fish.
I live in the fair city of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, we have a sub tropical climate so my plants are mainly ficus, chinese elms, clerodendrum inerme and celtis. Most are still quite young and under development, but I do get a bit excited about them from time to time.
I’ve just brought a mame clerodenrum upstairs for a sleepover so I’ll start by posting a pic in the Bonsai forum.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Markus
Markus

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello everyone!

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:05 am

Hello Marcus and welcome to the forum. Don't put it off......Get some photos posted.

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Re: Hello everyone!

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:13 am

Please try to get involved in a local club. I met a lot of Australians on the BCI trip to China in October and I know they will welcome you.

Also try to attend the conventions, I know there is one in Perth next year. (I know Perth is a long way from Brisbane.)
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:30 am

Thanks for the welcome gents. Billy I was a member of the Bimer Bonsai club here in Brisbane for some time, a great club with some very knowledgeable members.
Markus
Markus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 am

welcome to (posting on) IBC Markus. do share some photos of your trees.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:33 am

jun wrote:welcome to (posting on) IBC Markus. do share some photos of your trees.

regards,
jun Smile

He has Jun. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:49 am

will baddeley wrote:
jun wrote:welcome to (posting on) IBC Markus. do share some photos of your trees.

regards,
jun Smile

He has Jun. Very Happy

Oh Yeah... silent the energizer battery. Very Happy

Ok. I guess no need to welcome him either...he's an IBC member since 2009. Older than me here Smile

just nice to hear from you Markus! (will do It)

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Hello Markus and welcome to your first posts on IBC - irrespective of when you joined it's good to hear from you and your tree on the Bonsai forum was a delight.

Don't mind Jun - he's been on the loquacitabs again! Laughing Evil or Very Mad

fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Aloha Markus and welcome to the forum. Hope to see some of your bonsai's.

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:23 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Jun, Fiona and Tim.
Will definately post more pics of my trees, though I must admit, mine are certainly not in the league compared to some (all) of the trees you lot have shown us.
Markus
Markus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:20 pm

... I'm just always happy Fiona answering to Will.

no, Markus your first post is very nice, the tree being a cutting and small got nice movement and character...It's not the size that matters. big surprise comes in small package right?

again nice to hear from you. post more often.

regards,
jun Bagpiper

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Welcome Markus..
nice tree there & keep them coming...love to go back to down under AUSTRALIA nice place there spcecially Surfers paradise Smile
Hope to go back again Very Happy
Regards,
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 am

Thanks Alex, Surfers Paradise just isn't the same as it once was, lots of crime there these days, plus every year senior students from all up and down the east coast of Oz go there in the thousands after school breaks for the year, it's called Schoolies and it's an all out drink, drugs and fun fest for the kids, lots of brawls, booze, broken hearts and trashed hotel rooms, bless their little cotton socks......
Markus
Markus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 am

Markus wrote:Thanks Alex, Surfers Paradise just isn't the same as it once was, lots of crime there these days, plus every year senior students from all up and down the east coast of Oz go there in the thousands after school breaks for the year, it's called Schoolies and it's an all out drink, drugs and fun fest for the kids, lots of brawls, booze, broken hearts and trashed hotel rooms, bless their little cotton socks......

Sounds great to me......How much is the flight. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:28 am

Heheh, well Will if we were to head down there at this time of the year and mix it with the crowd we would be called Toolies, which is the official title for anyone over 20 and wanting a bit of the action.
Markus
Markus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:31 am

Markus wrote:Heheh, well Will if we were to head down there at this time of the year and mix it with the crowd we would be called Toolies, which is the official title for anyone over 20 and wanting a bit of the action.

where do I sign? Will you cummin to mate? bounce

BTW: Hi Marcus and welcome to Posting...kind fun eh!

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:37 am

Ah Tony, if only I had the endurance for such fun these days. You know it's getting bad when you have dinner at 6pm and are in bed by 7.30.
Markus
Markus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum