Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days.

+3
Rob Kempinski
Harleyrider
Pavel Slovák
7 posters

Go down

Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Empty Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days.

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi all.
I was inspired by friend Tony Tickel solution. Ispirace in a post here on another visit to Tony. Thanks to help my father and son Jacob, the work of two days, the material one day.The motto is - Everything for the tree. Very Happy Very Happy

Before
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Fot_110
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Fot_510
After
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Fot_2710
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Fot_4110
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Fot_4510

Pavel
more pict.:http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/nezarazene/foliovnik-s-teplym-luzkem-pro-yamadori---2010
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Empty Re: Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days.

Post  Harleyrider Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Very nice job, Pavel.

Will you be adding a large sacrificial altar soon?
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Empty Re: Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days.

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi Steve

thank you very much for very nice coment. Very Happy

Altar? - Maybe Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Nice project based on good motivation. The heated root zone should help your collected trees. I am getting ready to do a similar project myself. Good luck with it.

Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi Pavel, this looks good.

I am happy to say that a combination of:
A) collecting the yamadori at the optimum time
B) securing as much root as possible
C) establishing the tree in the best way possible (under soil heating) and overhead misting

Ensures I get at least a 90% success rate, even with trees that have only a small amount of root.

Note: one thing you did not see was that I pack styrene packing chips around the collected trees boxes to retain heat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi Rob, thank you very much for nice replies. Very Happy

Hi Tony, thank you for nice coment and big inspirations . ThumbsUp I hesitated a long time. Embarassed

But - Today I almost finished the whole project. He made my cold bed (+ agroperlit bark mulch) and the rest of the floor. Installed a thermometer and hygrometer. Remains light and the entrance floor. Very Happy Very Happy

Today
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Foz_210
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Foz_510
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Foz_910

Pavel
more pict.: http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/nezarazene/foliovnik-s-teplym-luzkem-pro-yamadori---2010
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Love the setup Pavel. Hope it helps your survival rates.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi Will

Thank you for the nice comment. I also hope that it will benefit the trees. We are pretty hard and cold enough to snow. So just for the store through the winter period is certainly very good. Next time shows. Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Pol Karpenkov Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello, Pavel, excellent work. I have a question. Why you don't use polycarbonate for a roof of a hothouse?

Pol Karpenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Pol

thanks for the compliment. Very Happy
Polycarbonate greenhouse is time-consuming to implement. In the winter I did not. Moreover, it is very costly. In the future, do I have a very good area where you want to realize their dreams. Now it still can not. Wink

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 am

Question...

Is simply setting the tree atop the heated sand enough to heat entire root zone? Wouldnt mulching up higher on the container be more beneficial?

Just curious. Great idea though.

Thanks,
Neil

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:54 am

Hi Neil

For me certainly only mulch not reach such temperatures. Outside temperature reaches -20 to - 25 ° C and a lot of snow. A heated bed is designed mainly for autumn Yamadori. Important is the temperature above freezing and the humidity. For me it probably will be on the bed around 5 ° C. Getting everything measured, and if interested, I will inform you. Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Kennedy Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Love it Pavel,you've got me thinking about addind a cold bed to mine great idea!
Lee Kennedy
Lee Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi Lee

thank you for your nice coment. I hope that everything will work well. Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Thanks for the response and inspiration Pavel. That is very cold! We sometimes reach similar temperatures in Chicago land area. If your heated bed keeps your roots at 41 degrees, that is excellent.

Questions for Pavel & others on the forum:
At these low outside temperatures, and higher root temperatures, how essential is light for the collected trees?

Could this be installed on top of a concrete patio?

Can someone post a link for me to the URL in which Tony et al describe in more detail how they built these? I do recall seeing one some time ago.

Neil

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi all

Today I worked control after winter. Heating the soil worked great. Very, very old Yamadori pine were collected in autumn 2010. The photo new roots grow through the bottom of the sand. Some roots are long 8cm.

Gretings Pavel

Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Koa_0010
Before and after - thanks to the inspiration for three days. Koa_0011
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:38 pm

WOW Pavel, happy days! I'm sure you're delighted with the results. Worth all that hard work Very Happy
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Pavel Slovák wrote: Some roots are long 8cm.

A happy day indeed. I told you that the heating bed would work wonders for your yamadori... I keep my trees on the bed until May/June

regards

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down