Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should I do for my bougainville??

4 posters

Go down

What should I do for my bougainville?? Empty What should I do for my bougainville??

Post  Mawardi Nur Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:50 pm

I found Bougainville on the shrub at my garden of my friend house, the pot has cracked, but some of the branches are died cause of lack of water in the shrub. I have cut the root about 40% and repotted. If we cut root too much will it be dying?
To be a best style for this bonsai what I should do for this bougainvillea? I really need some helps for this tree
Thank you for help.

What should I do for my bougainville?? Bougen10

What should I do for my bougainville?? Bougen11

What should I do for my bougainville?? Bougen12

What should I do for my bougainville?? Bougen13

What should I do for my bougainville?? Bougen14

What should I do for my bougainville?? Bougen15

Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

What should I do for my bougainville?? Empty Re: What should I do for my bougainville??

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Howzit Mawardi Nur,

I wouldn't worry to much about pruning back hard with bougies. There are very tough and will survive hard pruning. You have a nice tree with a good trunk. Attached is a virt of where I would cut the branches if it was my tree. As soon as you have new growth start to wire it as you like because the branches will harden off soon. As far as soil I use volcanic cinder and akadama for good drainage. Give it a lot of sun and soon you will have bracts blooming. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

A Hui Hou,
-Tm Cool

What should I do for my bougainville?? Bougen10

Last edited by Hawaiian77 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

What should I do for my bougainville?? Empty Re: What should I do for my bougainville??

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Howzit Mawardi Nur,

I wanted to show you one of my bougies that I had abused and how much it as come back form hard pruning.

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

What should I do for my bougainville?? Img_0313

What should I do for my bougainville?? Img_0314

What should I do for my bougainville?? Img_0315

What should I do for my bougainville?? Img_0316

What should I do for my bougainville?? Img_0418
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:31 am

Tim, please put that tree in pot!... or spagnum at least. affraid
Oh, ... all of the pics are of the same tree.... takes me a while... Very Happy
Todd

Last edited by Todd Ellis on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Howzit Todd,

I'm not liking that pot. I'm going the change it next March. You got any ideas. This bougie is kinda hard because of the root system.

A Hui Hou,
-Tim
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawardi Nur Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Thanks Tim,
I'm waiting the sprout appear. what is it suitable pot for this bougie? rectangle or around?
Usually how long it will take the time to recover for the species of the bougie?

Thanks for any help
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:37 am

Howzit Mawardi,

What I would do is plant it in a garden pot or a grow box, let it recover from the stress and let it grow for a few years and style it as you please. Then after you have style it the way you want then think about what type bonsai pot. IMHO, it would be to early for a bonsai pot because you haven't really thought about how your tree is going to go. I have a few bougies that I collected that are growing in garden pots or Styrofoam boxes because I'm still working on it.

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawardi Nur Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:50 am

Thanks Tim for the help, I will update the progress later....
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 am

Mawardi,

dont worry much about your tree. this specie is very tough and "hard to kill" specially here in the tropics.
Tim's suggestion are good. but if were my tree I would probably cut the branches 4 inches higher from Tim's cut line, IMHO- it would save you around a year or two in achieving a well proportioned branches.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawardi Nur Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Thank for your idea, Jun..Any virtual ? may be it will help more details....
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  杰遨-jie Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:48 pm

nice bougies!!!!! gosh i wish i could get some tropicals like that in my climate..... Shocked Embarassed
杰遨-jie
杰遨-jie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawardi Nur Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 am

thanks jie..........I will update some picts for this bougie
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down