Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please

+8
Tzung Tzan
sulrich
jrodriguez
Jerry Meislik
Khaimraj Seepersad
Dustin Mann
Todd Ellis
ogie
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please

Post  jrodriguez Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:58 pm

我们爱盆景!从波多黎各到菲律宾的兄弟

We love bonsai!!! From Puerto rico to a Phillipino Brother!!!
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Empty Egg on my face - Apologies Alex

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Alex,

I guesstimated incorrectly - 9 inches [ 23 cm ] not 12. Apologies.
It was also taller and wider, but that wasn't so important.
Khaimraj

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Fic10
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Empty still beautiful

Post  ogie Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 pm

hi there friend....looks promising,after your done please post it again,
regards and enjoy
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Empty gracias

Post  ogie Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:12 pm

jrodriguez wrote:我们爱盆景!从波多黎各到菲律宾的兄弟

We love bonsai!!! From Puerto rico to a Phillipino Brother!!!
mucho gracias mi amigo..i hope i still remember mi espanol Smile Smile Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please

Post  jrodriguez Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Felices Sueños!!!!

Yes, you remember your spanish quite well! Maybe you should celebrate this weekend with a little lechon!!!

Kind Regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  杰遨-jie Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:17 pm

呵呵!嗯。。。 我也会说一点点。我有两个爱好(1.盆栽,2.古筝) 也许明年我去北京所以在中国音乐学院学古筝。。如果我去那我也想和中国盆景大师学。 Laughing
杰遨-jie
杰遨-jie

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Oh I am not translating that ! Laughing

How about a few images to match the chatter - the moderators will descend - most probably.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  杰遨-jie Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:Oh I am not translating that ! Laughing

How about a few images to match the chatter - the moderators will descend - most probably.
Khaimraj

a few images to match the chatter??dont get it LOL... haha i said...''yeh hehe. . . I speak alittle bit,I have two hobbies(1.bonsai 2.guzheng(chinese harp).. maybe next year I will go to beijing to study guzheng(chinese harp) in the chinese conservatory of music.If I go then i also want to study penzai-penjing with a chinese penjing master. Laughing '' haha!
杰遨-jie
杰遨-jie

Back to top Go down

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Empty The Harp

Post  ogie Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:14 pm

good for you....so many things to learn in china with its deep culture..regards,
alex Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by ogie on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Long_s10

Another view of the huge banyan in National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) in Tainan, Taiwan. On another note, this century-old banyan in NCKU was planted by the Japanese Crown Prince Hirohito in 1924. Cathay Life Insurance has adopted the banyan as its corporate logo and set up a fund to provide the annual maintenance fee for the tree. Thus, the banyan tree has become the campus landmark and the spiritual symbol of NCKU as well as the model for all Taiwanese banyan bonsai.

Kind regards,
Jose Luis

jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  JotaBe! Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Great Ficus!!

Yes sir!!

JotaBe!

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:03 pm

thank you again Jose for your added reference...love that BIG ficus in tainan
regards,
alex

Last edited by ogie on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ?)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:07 pm

JotaBe! wrote:Great Ficus!!

Yes sir!!
thanks for visiting Smile Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Empty Ficus Styling Suggestions

Post  jrodriguez Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Below, one of my large Kimen (Tiger Bark) ficus

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Ficus_13
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Detail of thin branch and how to make use of air roots to fatten the ramification

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Ficus_14

Last edited by jrodriguez on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:01 pm

Roots are placed inside a pot

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Ficus_16
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:05 pm

At the same time, you fatten up the terminal branch and aide the healing of the cut

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Ficus_17
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Side view
Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Ficus_18
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Ramification close-up and details of another air layer to develop a well proportioned structure
Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Ficus_19

Last edited by jrodriguez on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Ficus shohin bonsai in development, using progressional branch growing techniques.
Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Ficus_20
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Jose,

thanks for showing. Is this a retusa variety ?
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Khaimraj,

No. This is Ficus Microcarpa. Ficus Microcarpa, var. 'retusa' has yellowish leaves. Also, the fruit is slightly larger and purple in color.

Kind Regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello Jose,
sorry didn't reply at once,my internet is going crazy,thanks again for the posting,well appreciated,
much regards,
alex/ogie Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Another Ficus Microcarpa "not the traditional taiwan style"..give your insight please - Page 2 Empty Typhoon

Post  jrodriguez Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Ogie,

I hope the typhoon didn't hurt you. How did you like my Ficus?

Kind regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  allialli910 Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:33 am

杰遨-jie wrote:oh wow i just love it! its very old and has a great trunk!(thats a winner tree in training) Cool I would only give my advice if I were to see a bigger picture of the tree and trunk and roots etc... however I do feel this tree with a simple rounded canopy and maybe a mixed glaze blue pot...chinese really can make ficus look great btw.HAHA! 你会讲说中文么?hehe lol!

Hi 杰遨:

我會說中文.....but my English is very poor. 我也是盆栽的愛好者,很想發言討論但寫不出來...要不就是寫了人家看不懂。
I am come from Taiwan. Everywhere have big trunk Ficus in Taiwan land. thumbs up
cheers
allialli910
allialli910

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next