Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flowers :)

5 posters

Go down

Flowers :) Empty Flowers :)

Post  Robert Wallace Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 am

This is a tree with a quite a bit of work to go, including proper ground cover etc, however it is hard not to appreciate when in full flower. I photoshoped out some tie down wires that will probably be on one more season but I just thought I would share the flower show.
Robert

Flowers :) Bougie10
Robert Wallace
Robert Wallace

Back to top Go down

Flowers :) Empty Re: Flowers :)

Post  prestontolbert Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:27 am

Nice tree, Rob. The bougies were in full bloom in Phoenix yesterday. Also I really like the root action.
-PT
prestontolbert
prestontolbert

Back to top Go down

Post  kenduncan Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Robert, I like your Bougainvillea, they are a pleasure when they show there bright colors.
You must have a greenhouse up there in the Mountains, You seem to have quite a few tropical Bonsai in your collection.
How tall is this one?
I hope to see some of your wonderful pots soon, I just potted up a Japanese Maple forest in one of your pots this spring.
If you come by this way anytime, give me a call. I hope that we will be up there a few times this summer and maybe we can get together.
Ken
Flowers :) Dscn1510

kenduncan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Nice bougie you have there. More color than on mine.
The flowers are those small white things, the color is on leaf bracts.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Flowers :) Empty Bougainvillea

Post  Luis Fontanills Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi Rob,

Good to see you still here; what's with the age 19? ;-)

Bougs are always a pleasure when in full bloom, few trees/shrubs can rival their intensity and profusion of color. I have found that their soft wood is difficult to keep from rotting out fairly quickly - over a few years, so that large collected specimens with dead wood will not have the longevity of say Buttonwoods (Conocarpus erectus) with dead wood.
Luis Fontanills
Luis Fontanills

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Luis Fontanills wrote:Hi Rob,

Good to see you still here; what's with the age 19? ;-)

Bougs are always a pleasure when in full bloom, few trees/shrubs can rival their intensity and profusion of color. I have found that their soft wood is difficult to keep from rotting out fairly quickly - over a few years, so that large collected specimens with dead wood will not have the longevity of say Buttonwoods (Conocarpus erectus) with dead wood.

Good to hear from you Luis.
True boggies driftwood will root out but I've had some deadwood lasting more than 10 years now.

Are you still making pots?
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Flowers :) Empty My Bonsai Pots

Post  Luis Fontanills Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Rob,
I just wrote to Billy R. on the same matter. Sadly I have not continued making bonsai pots due to my architectural work, but still retain about 40 of them. There is always the possiblity of starting up again when time allows.
Luis Fontanills
Luis Fontanills

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Wallace Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:03 am

Hey Ken,
I am glad you like it, unfortuantly I have no greenhouse here in the mountains just a sun room with some slidding glass doors to put my trees in front. This Bougie is 28" tall and is my tallest tropical. The Japanese maples look great thanks for sharing that. Maybe this summer I can see it in leaf. Send me an email if your going to be up this way this summer I would love to have you pop in for a visit.

Rob,
I am glad you like it as well, however flower show sounded better than Bract show but I know that it is commonly thougth that the nice pink Bracts are the flowers.
Robert Wallace
Robert Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down