Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flower season on "forest hill"

3 posters

Go down

flower season on "forest hill" Empty flower season on "forest hill"

Post  Guest Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:25 pm

HI IBC friends,
i dont know if it is okey to ask it here or in the question section...but i also want to show you how my "forest hill" is progressing.
all of the trees got flowers now, cute and proportion to the trees though. an added treat. are they healthy/good at this point where the forest is still young? though the trees are all matured before i made the composition.

flower season on "forest hill" Dsc_1124
lovely flowers.

flower season on "forest hill" Dsc_1125
even my cascade tree is flowering

flower season on "forest hill" Dsc_1126
side view- the cascade is holding on well. starting to integrate to the composition.

flower season on "forest hill" Dsc_1127

front view. the ground is looking more realistic too with natural under growth, moss on rocks and some small wild ferns appearing everywhere.

regards,
jun study sunny sunny

Back to top Go down

flower season on "forest hill" Empty Re: flower season on "forest hill"

Post  guy ward Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:46 am

nice but not too sure about the two styles in the same composition-the uprights look a good setting but the cascade would look better alone-or perhaps a semi cascade just to the right of the cascade to tie it all together.

guy ward

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi Jun
In my opinion I see the cascade tree out of place not because one does not often find two styles in one composition but becuase the human hand is still visible. You need to make it look somehow more realistic and natural as if there was a land slide or something that made the tree lean and fall down. I think that involving some of the near trees slightly leaning towards the cascade as if they too got involved in the land slide would help. Again pictures do not often do justice to the real thing. Thanks for sharing.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:49 pm

[quote="cosmos"]Hi Jun
In my opinion I see the cascade tree out of place not because one does not often find two styles in one composition but becuase the human hand is still visible. You need to make it look somehow more realistic and natural as if there was a land slide or something that made the tree lean and fall down. I think that involving some of the near trees slightly leaning towards the cascade as if they too got involved in the land slide would help. Again pictures do not often do justice to the real thing. Thanks for sharing.

Cosmos

Cosmos,

thanks!

i need somebody to hold the backdraft thats why the hands were there. Evil or Very Mad Smile just kidding. well see when the forest got matured.

regards,
jun Smile

Guy,

thanks.

regards,
jun
Smile

p.s.
i re-posted this forest- one reason is the appearing flowers and soon fruits. is it good for the trees this early, and to the forest as a whole or will it weaken the trees and root growth that is needed to interlocked under the soil, just like any other fruiting trees?.without a good interlocking root system the whole composition could fail due to the angle of soil. even moss and artificial ground cover wont last long enough, soil would eventually erode and micro nutrients needed wont hold long enough needed by the trees.

regards to all,
jun study Smile

Back to top Go down

flower season on "forest hill" Empty Great job

Post  peewee1974 Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:54 am

Stunning, reminds myself of home and the area I was raised in.
peewee1974
peewee1974

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:38 am

Peewee,
thanks!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content