Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styling of an "urbandori" juniper

4 posters

Go down

Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Empty Styling of an "urbandori" juniper

Post  Lukas Sirotny Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm

This past weekend there was held one local exhibition in the city of Bruntál (CZ). It was the very first exhibition of local bonsai enthusiasts, but the overall impresion was quite good, I attach some photos.
I had a demo during Saturday´s evening for which I had been given this nice piece of juniperus "urbandori". The owner styled the tree some years ago, but now it needed a further refurbishment and restyling. We worked on this tree together with my assistant Martin. The public was very curious and asked many questions (I was very surprised and enjoyed the ongoing discussion a lot), so I didn´t finished completely the tree and therefore made some last touches today.
The tree is 45 cm high and it has more front sides, I might prefer no. 3. The important thing was to bend the main jin which emphasises nice trunk movement. I hope the owner will like the result Very Happy .
More photos from the exhibition and from this styling on my webpage - http://www.bonsairoznov.cz/fotoalbum/vystavy-_-bonsai-akce/vystava-bonsaji-v-bruntale-demo-jalovec

Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta10

Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta11
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta12
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta13
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta14
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta15
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta16
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta18
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta25
The juniper before styling.
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta19
After styling- front no. 1
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta20
Front no. 2
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta21
Front no. 3
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta22
Right side
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta23
Backside
Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Brunta24
Size comparison - 45 cm.
Lukas Sirotny
Lukas Sirotny

Back to top Go down

Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Empty Styling of an "urbandori" juniper

Post  Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:09 pm

What a venue for a cracking display. Some great trees too. I love the styling on the garden Juniper, it looks very promising.

Back to top Go down

Styling of an "urbandori" juniper Empty Re: Styling of an "urbandori" juniper

Post  anttal63 Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:57 pm

Great effort there thats for sure!!! The bottom right jin doesn't work for me with the rest of the branches pointing down. I also think that middle section looks too straight for the rest of the tree, maybe could do with a little more compression? If i was the owner i would be very happy! cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  martin kolacia Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:55 am

I have to say ... great effort !
martin kolacia
martin kolacia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukas Sirotny Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks for your replies! The Bruntal´s castle is very nice place to exhibit bonsais indeed, I hope that next
year(s), when more experienced bonsaists get involved, it will be even much better, this was kind of "inauguration" of bonsai movement in that region Smile .
Too straight middle trunk section of juniper is rather an optical defect (please, look at the view from the right side) caused by 2D and in person it is hardly noticable. As for the jin, I will let the decision if keep it or not for the owner, but I personally like it, it is an original element of the tree IMO.
Lukas Sirotny
Lukas Sirotny

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:30 am

Lukas Sirotny wrote:... ... but the overall impresion was quite good, I attach some photos.
... ...
Yes, indeed! I think that this castle is a perfect environment for displaying bonsai.
And....
Yamadori -> Urban Yamadori -> "Urbandori" Clever neologism! Clever young man!

my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down