Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression

5 posters

Go down

Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression Empty Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression

Post  shimsuki Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:39 am

Here is the shimpaku I was given at a workshop at Shohin St. Louis in 2009 before it was styled.
Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression 100_1928

This next picture is halfway through the styling.
Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression 100_1942

Here is the completed tree from the workshop. The leader of the workshop was Tigre Urishibata (forgive my spelling). His father was supposed to be the headliner of the show but had health issues. His father is well known for shohin in Japan. I did most of the work on the tree, like wiring and carving the shari, while Tigre did some jin and move branches around. Tigre helped me out with the design, back then I could not see the completed work out of the rough material, since then I have been working on my eye for design.
Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression 100_2048

After letting it grow for a year, here is how it looked.
Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression 100_4483

Over the summer, once I saw that is was pushing a lot of mature growth, a sign that it is good to work on junipers, I rewired it.
Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression IMGP0386

Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression IMGP0393

It will go in a pot either this spring or next. Any suggestions or comments? I plan on repotting it with Mike Hagedorn, with whom my father is in a study group with.

Andrew
shimsuki
shimsuki

Back to top Go down

Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression Empty Re: Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression

Post  MACH5 Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:49 am

Looking good shimsuki. My recommendation, if I may, is to tilt the tree slightly (possibly towards the left) to add more movement to the spiraling trunk and arrange the branches a bit so that the tree doesn't look so balanced. Right now your tree is a bit static and somewhat symmetrical. Nonetheless great job!
MACH5
MACH5

Back to top Go down

Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression Empty Re: Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression

Post  Jose O. Rivera Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:17 am

Great work, good progression. Thank for sharing
Jose O. Rivera
Jose O. Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 am

Well done Andrew! Brilliant material and a great start this tree has! cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 pm

nice bonsai!, my opinion are it look too balance on apex. it look opposite form with twist trunk line.
I think... it will look better if the apex have flow to eiter side, maybe to the right as it form is strong flow to this side. I must apologize to you as it is only beginner comment Basketball

Twisted Itoigawa Shimpaku Progression Imgp0310
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down