Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working a Lone

+14
MACH5
anttal63
kenbu
Lone
Ed van der Reek
alex e
Hans van Meer.
chris
Pavel Slovák
kauaibonsai
landerloos
NeilDellinger
Hawaiian77
Todd Ellis
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Working a Lone - Page 2 Empty Other club trees

Post  Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 am

The Pine after styling.Working a Lone - Page 2 Img_0721

Back to top Go down

Working a Lone - Page 2 Empty Re: Working a Lone

Post  Lone Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 am

Pavel Slovák wrote:Hi Will.
Very beautiful work. Beautiful tree, dead wood - elegant top job. ThumbsUp
The owner is certainly very happy. Very Happy Congratulations. Very Happy

Pavel

Yea Pavel - I am very happy!
best wishes Lone

Lone
Lone

Back to top Go down

Post  Lone Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:21 am

will baddeley wrote:The Pine after styling.Working a Lone - Page 2 Img_0721

This is very beautiful too - Henrik are so happy !
You did such a great job on all our trees and we are all very happy.

Lone
Lone
Lone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:21 am

Working very hard in the tent.Working a Lone - Page 2 Img_0722

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:45 am

A lovely collected Scots. The needles are a long way out but as I said before, they bud back very quickly. Although this tree would work well without the low branch, we thought about keeping both branches and planting it as a raft. The low branch was protected again and bent towards the front.Working a Lone - Page 2 Img_0724

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 am

Worth a try I think.Working a Lone - Page 2 Img_0725

Back to top Go down

Working a Lone - Page 2 Empty Some new friends

Post  Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:06 am

I really look forward to the Spring now. Very Happy Working a Lone - Page 2 Img_0726

Back to top Go down

Post  MACH5 Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:55 am

Great work Will. Love what you did with the twin trunk pine and the first Larch you posted ThumbsUp
MACH5
MACH5

Back to top Go down

Post  Roger Snipes Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:25 am

Will, good work on that larch. Looks like a great tree, and I love the carving job you did. The deadwood looks very natural, and I'm sure it will look even better as it ages a bit.

It seems like that was a great workshop, looks like everyone had fun!

Roger
Roger Snipes
Roger Snipes

Back to top Go down

Post  Lone Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:59 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:

Hi Hans - Thank you for these nice words - you almost make me embarrassed -'Embarassed' I love my tree I can tell you and will did such a great job and we'll see him again next year.
And you are always welcome here - you know that ! 'Very Happy' Many Kind Regards Lone

As soon as my back is well enough to travel again, I would love to finally visit you and work some trees at your club! So my dear when that may finally happens (fingers cross), you will be the first to know! Working a Lone - Page 2 Grote_11
A BIG hug from me!!!
Hans van Meer.

Hi I will be looking forward to this and I really hope you'll get well (not only for me) the most importen thing is that you get quite well
Big hug to you too - hans
Lone
Lone
Lone

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin S Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:19 pm

You did it really fine!
Martin

Martin S

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Nice work Will Cool

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:40 am

Thankyou all for your comments and thankyou to Bonsai Nan Kai. I just wish there was more of this type of spirit and dedication closer to my home.

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:02 am

will baddeley wrote: I just wish there was more of this type of spirit and dedication closer to my home.

I know what you mean Will, same here at the moment no aktivity.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:46 am

Hi Will.
Beautiful work, super-trees. It is obvious that you enjoyed. Very Happy ThumbsUp

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:50 am

will baddeley wrote:Thankyou all for your comments and thankyou to Bonsai Nan Kai. I just wish there was more of this type of spirit and dedication closer to my home.

HI Will,
my thoughts exactly! Years ago, I had a little club of Bonsai friends real close to my home for about a year or so, we use to meat every month and had a lot of fun and the level of the bonsai of the participants jumped forward and so did their joy in Bonsai! Sadly this club was spoiled for me by the bonsai friend with who I organize these evenings with! Since than me and others have tried several times to start something like this again in many different forms, but it seams that it is almost imposible to get a small group together who want to spend some time on Bonsai on a regular basis. And off course there is always the question of money that needs to be spend when you want to do bonsai, in this day's of recessions, people have to be realy careful how they spent their money. And this is a big factor in our country were it is imposible to collect any material to work on, so you need to look real hard to find material and if you find it, it often comes with a big price tag!
But Will, now that the people off Britain have seen just how good you did your work and how big those smiles are on those faces that you worked with, I am sure that the offers to work and learn from you will follow real soon! I surely hope so, because working to getter on Bonsai is so enjoyable and such a great way to get inspired and learn!
You have don very well will! You obviously got your bonsai hearth growing in just the right place! (A Dutch saying that's lost in translation) Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lone Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:58 am

will baddeley wrote:Thankyou all for your comments and thankyou to Bonsai Nan Kai. I just wish there was more of this type of spirit and dedication closer to my home.

Get the family to DK - Laughing
Lone
Lone

Back to top Go down

Post  Lone Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:

HI Will,
my thoughts exactly! Years ago, I had a little club of Bonsai friends real close to my home for about a year or so, we use to meat every month and had a lot of fun and the level of the bonsai of the participants jumped forward and so did their joy in Bonsai! Sadly this club was spoiled for me by the bonsai friend with who I organize these evenings with! Since than me and others have tried several times to start something like this again in many different forms, but it seams that it is almost imposible to get a small group together who want to spend some time on Bonsai on a regular basis. And off course there is always the question of money that needs to be spend when you want to do bonsai, in this day's of recessions, people have to be realy careful how they spent their money. And this is a big factor in our country were it is imposible to collect any material to work on, so you need to look real hard to find material and if you find it, it often comes with a big price tag!
But Will, now that the people off Britain have seen just how good you did your work and how big those smiles are on those faces that you worked with, I am sure that the offers to work and learn from you will follow real soon! I surely hope so, because working to getter on Bonsai is so enjoyable and such a great way to get inspired and learn!
You have don very well will! You obviously got your bonsai hearth growing in just the right place! (A Dutch saying that's lost in translation) Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

You could move to DK too - you'll all be very welcome on the island Falster. Very Happy
Lone
Lone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:18 pm

It is difficult to get the small communities working steady, and here where I live the local club seems as not working at all anymore. Luckily I have founded a small work group with two good bonsai friends some time ago. So we meet up every month if possible, and works very dedicated with our trees. We have fun, good food and friendship too. Thats gives me great pleasure with bonsai working this way.

If your local club doesn't work well, I will urge you all to find some people that you are working together with well and have joy with. It doesn't need to be in the club, if this doesn't work properly. Small friendship based work groups, public or private, are important supplement to the association activities.

And it is important to share the activities with the rest of the community, to inspire others.

Regards
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:34 pm

And a few pictures of that follows...

Working a Lone - Page 2 31aug210
Johnny Eslykke and Torben Pedersen working. Very Happy

Working a Lone - Page 2 31aug211

Working a Lone - Page 2 31aug212

Working a Lone - Page 2 31aug213

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Will

Our club will be calling on your services next year. The email is in the virtal post as they say Very Happy

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:

HI Will,
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Hello Hans. Thankyou so much for your words of encouragement. I was actually quite nervous about the trip as it was my first workshop abroad. My fears proved to be totally unfounded and soon washed away when I met Lone, Otto and the rest of the club. By the end of Saturday they told me they want me back in the Spring. Can't wait. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Stone Monkey wrote:Will

Our club will be calling on your services next year. The email is in the virtal post as they say Very Happy

Regards

Andy

Hello Andy. I got confirmation from the other Monkey this morning. Looking forward to it. How many more Monkeys are there? monkey monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2