Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is my Bonsai gonna die ?

2 posters

Go down

Is my Bonsai gonna die ? Empty Is my Bonsai gonna die ?

Post  pepee Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Hello,

My bonsai has some bad foilage ( 5/09/2010 )

Is this normal for this time a year that these leafs go black/yellow ?
What should i do ?
do i just remove the bad leafs ?

( also the green leafs fall off )

Pictures:
Is my Bonsai gonna die ? 05092010
Is my Bonsai gonna die ? 05092011
Is my Bonsai gonna die ? 05092012

Please help with some information or thoughts.

THANK YOU !

pepee

Back to top Go down

Is my Bonsai gonna die ? Empty Is my bonsai gonna die?

Post  bonsaisr Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:49 pm

First of all, in my opinion, those who sell ginseng Ficus as bonsai should all be taken out & shot. It is not a bonsai, it is a houseplant.
You have probably been keeping it in the house all summer. It should be outdoors in the sun. The leaf problem is due to too much water & not enough light. Yes, if you don't change its environment, it will die.
First of all, it should be repotted, but this is the wrong time of year. If it survives the winter, repot it next April in a loose, well-drained soil, something suitable for cactus. Meanwhile, don't water until the soil is bone dry. Stick your finger all the way down in the pot. Treat it like a cactus. Put it outdoors now, starting in the shade, then gradually into full sun. Leave it out until the night temperatures go down to about 6 C. If you don't have a yard, put it on your balcony or fire escape. For the winter, put it in the sunniest window you have. You will water it even less often, only when it is dry.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Is my Bonsai gonna die ? Empty Re: Is my Bonsai gonna die ?

Post  pepee Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:17 am

thank you !
i will take care of it right now.

This tree was only 7 $ in my supermarket.
I thought it couldn't be a real bonsai but a good start before i buy a real one.

Thanks again.

pepee

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Pepee wrote:
I thought it couldn't be a real bonsai but a good start before i buy a real one.
Thanks again.
Excellent idea. After practicing on this specimen, you will know how to treat a Ficus bonsai. This is Ficus microcarpa, Chinese banyan. It is widely sold as a real bonsai starter minus the grotesque storage roots.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down