Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Smallest LAKE .

3 posters

Go down

My Smallest LAKE . Empty My Smallest LAKE .

Post  trantanhung_nt Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:28 am

Hi Friends ,
Sending you the rock scene following :
_ THE LAKE
( It's Black - Basalt Stone - KHANH VINH River , 250 Gr Weight , height 4,5 Cm )
Hope you feel and is interesting about It .
Thank you .
Hưng - Trần .
My Smallest LAKE . 79_dsc00077

My Smallest LAKE . 79_dsc00348

Last edited by trantanhung_nt on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

My Smallest LAKE . Empty Re: My Smallest LAKE .

Post  NeilDellinger Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:50 pm

I really like it. Especially that its surrounded by some smaller peaks. Its a very nice stone.

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  trantanhung_nt Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi NeilDellinger ,
Thank you for Your Sharing fascinating about my smallest lake - Stone .
Hưng - Trần .

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

My Smallest LAKE . Empty My smallest LAKE (Continue )

Post  trantanhung_nt Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:42 am

Hello Friends ,
I continue to send to you a small Lake _ stone following :
How are you Feeling about it ?
Thank you
Best Regards ,
Hưng - Trần .

My Smallest LAKE . 79_sany7053

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Great landscape images in very small stones (?). These are so striking as images and enhanced for me by not being cut. Have you decided how to display them or do you think of them as stones to be handled and passed among a gathering of friends. If you have several of these to share and friends who are open to landscape images, there seem to be many possibilities for creating a unique form of appreciation not so dependent upon a shallow seating as established in suiseki practice.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  trantanhung_nt Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi CHRIS CO CRHANE ,
Many thanks your articles , I've been learning from these articles .
The last stone ( small lake ) and this stone that i sent to the following : They ' are the stones intact ( uncut ) ,
( Because i do not DAIZA for them , I have put it in the sand ( sable ) and took pictures them ... ) . Hopefully I will quickly make DAIZA for them... then i will send to the forum and you ' ll be looking and evaluating them...
Thank you ,
Best Regards ,
Hưng - Trần .
_ THE LAKE ( Mountain Lake ) (It' s Basalt _ KHÁNH VĨNH River , Weight :450 Gr )

My Smallest LAKE . 79_sany7066

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi Hung-Tran... I prefer seeing water pool & mountain lake stones in water trays if they are large enough. In Japan, my eacher instructedI that wherever the water appears to spill over the pool on the front of the stone determines the directional flow for these suiseki. The water flow is more important than the mountain contour.

That is clearly a choice. "Tradition" is invented; it is not an Absolute Truth. Feeling the atmosphere of your stone, imagine the largest scene possible and it will capture the aura of suiseki. The scene should be boundless. Suiban often contribute to this... but having open space without a tray also creates this feeling. Morimae demonstrated that by taking a ceramic slab from under a stone in a critique at the recent Intl Stone Appreciation Symposium in Hershey PA USA. Without a distraction (the slab was colorful), the impression of open space increased dramatically!

I've a small mountain-lake suiseki which because of its size, has been shone in a shohin (small size), multi-tier stand. It is more a companion to other objects, there. The feeling is different as a companion object. It mostly expresses coolness (in a season of heat) rather than the grand view of nature shown by suiseki as a principal display object.

Hope that helps in your choices.

Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down