Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metsumi in recently tranplanted Acer

4 posters

Go down

Metsumi in recently tranplanted Acer Empty Metsumi in recently tranplanted Acer

Post  capo_regime Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi all!!

I transplanted an Acer palmatum deshojo above a month and half and it is now growing up very quickly. Can I initiate metsumi or should i wait a little longer for the tree revitalise??

Thanx

capo_regime

Back to top Go down

Metsumi in recently tranplanted Acer Empty Re: Metsumi in recently tranplanted Acer

Post  JimLewis Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:37 pm

Hmmm. Metsumi . . . I Googled that and found that "Twitter" is, er, "twittering" about a singer or music group called metsumi. Of course, I'm quite certain that I would not consider it music. <g>

I suppose "metsumi" is one of those esoteric bonsai terms that only 200-year-old Japanese masters know. So, I have no idea how to answer you.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Metsumi in recently tranplanted Acer Empty Re: Metsumi in recently tranplanted Acer

Post  Kev Bailey Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Ah, Jim san, I beg to differ. Metsumi is bud plucking.

With Maples this is easiest done as the buds open up revealing the first pair of leaves and the interior shoot begins to extend. It is then easy to pluck without damaging the leaves. That leads to 2 new shoots developing in the leaf axils and short internodes.

As long as your repot was not too extreme, the tree is well secured into the potting mix and the budding looks normal, I would pluck as soon as it appears possible.

Last edited by Kev Bailey on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Doiron Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Kev you look great for being 200 years old Very Happy
Jim Doiron
Jim Doiron

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:11 am

Ahhh. Bud plucking I can understand.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  capo_regime Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanx for everybody... Smile

capo_regime

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down