Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pots and stuff

3 posters

Go down

Pots and stuff Empty Pots and stuff

Post  Storm Sat May 15, 2010 10:03 pm

First, I would just like to say, that I think the pots posted on the forum are outstanding. Truely nice craftmanship, but at high standards come high costs.
The thing Im asking about here is that I was wondering where you guys and gals get your pots? I have some trees, of low quality, but with them, there were some crappy mass made pots. Poorly coloured, and have marks etc. The trees costs about 50$ including a pot.
I have been gathering some yamadori this year, and some of them are big. How do you get pots at that size? When its trees over 1 metre, and
in boxes that are 60cm long etc. I have found sites that sells pots, but nowhere near this size, and shipping would cost a bit.
Though, I guess, if you want to have this as a hobby, and you want to do it properly, you have to accept the costs.

Last edited by Storm on Sun May 16, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Pots and stuff Empty Re: Pots and stuff

Post  Storm Sat May 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Does anybody have experience with "Tongrae ceramic" pots btw?
Ive found some at an online shop, which are square formed, and grey colored. Big sizes, and not too expensive.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Sun May 16, 2010 8:29 pm

The pots you refer to above are Korean pots and of fairly good quality. Much better than cheap Chinese pots IMO and on par with your average glazed/unglazed retail Japanese pots. Glazes and shapes pretty much the same also. Ditto with the Italian CERTRE line if you can find those near you, although, like the Japanese, the CERTRE also get into expensive hand made pots.
Try locating a dealer near you selling Korean imported larger MICA pots that should fill the bill for your large collected trees.

D.
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Sun May 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks alot!
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter E. Sun May 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Storm, perhaps you should look at the positives.
You get a tree for nothing so then any pot is cheap. that is the way i have always looked at it.
As yet i do not know of any potters in scandinavia but try looking at Morten Albek's site. that may help.

Peter E.

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Tue May 25, 2010 7:55 pm

I havent looked at it like that, but I indeed should. Ive been looking around and found trees internet shops that costs several thousand dollars. When a tree is free, why not use some money on the pot..
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down