Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iwasaki five needle pine repotted in 2007/2008

+13
Paul Landis
Tom McCue
xuan le
littleart-fx
Kev Bailey
LELE
Mario Stefano
Seth Ellwood
Luis Fontanills
Joe Hatfield
Hawaiian77
Hombre
boon
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Iwasaki five needle pine repotted in 2007/2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Iwasaki five needle pine repotted in 2007/2008

Post  hibonsai Wed May 26, 2010 10:50 pm

This tree was a gift?!!! Wow, some gift! It's an awesome tree! JWP won't grow where I'm at, so I am extremely jealous. Thanks for sharing!

hibonsai

Back to top Go down

Iwasaki five needle pine repotted in 2007/2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Iwasaki five needle pine repotted in 2007/2008

Post  Smithy Wed May 26, 2010 10:59 pm

I just looked at this thread and was struck by the bit about it being a gift . Wow. Good friend.
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu May 27, 2010 2:02 am

hibonsai wrote:This tree was a gift?!!! Wow, some gift! It's an awesome tree! JWP won't grow where I'm at, so I am extremely jealous. Thanks for sharing!

Mr Iwasaki is a very generous man and problably has over 40,000 Japanese White pine bonsai of similar or better quality.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  boon Thu May 27, 2010 4:40 am

hibonsai wrote:This tree was a gift?!!! Wow, some gift! It's an awesome tree! JWP won't grow where I'm at, so I am extremely jealous. Thanks for sharing!

Mr. Iwasaki gave 3 large five needle pine. one go to the national bonsai collection
http://www.bonsai-nbf.org/site/japanese.html
it is on page 8., last tree on that page. the tree has been well cared for by Jack Sustic, the curator of the collection.

one was given to Dr. Thomas Elias the director of the National Bonsai Foundation.
and one was given to Felix Laughlin, the president of National Bonsai Foundation

Dr. Elias gave his tree to Felix because it it too big for him.
so now Felix Laughlin has 2 of them.
boon
boon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2