Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COAST LIVE OAK (quercus agrifolia)

2 posters

Go down

COAST LIVE OAK (quercus agrifolia) Empty COAST LIVE OAK (quercus agrifolia)

Post  mike page Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Another bonsai I've been working on today. Doing a bit of trimming and wiring. Height from pot rim is about 12 inches. Circumference of trunk at the base is about 20 inches.

I call it, SUMO BOWING. Cool

COAST LIVE OAK (quercus agrifolia) Richoa10
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

COAST LIVE OAK (quercus agrifolia) Empty Re: COAST LIVE OAK (quercus agrifolia)

Post  bonsainotwar Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Another bonsai I've been working on today. Doing a bit of trimming and wiring. Height from pot rim is about 12 inches. Circumference of trunk at the base is about 20 inches.

One thing I learned from ye olde Bonsai Talk board,was you never measure a tree by the circumference,always across the base.

bonsainotwar

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:31 pm

bonsainotwar wrote:

One thing I learned from ye olde Bonsai Talk board,was you never measure a tree by the circumference,always across the base.

To determine if a bonsai is in the sumo category, you must know the relationship between the height of the tree and the circumference of the trunk. Check the link.

http://www.absbonsai.org/articles/sumo.html
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down