Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aberystwyth Int'l Pottery Festival

3 posters

Go down

Aberystwyth Int'l Pottery Festival Empty Aberystwyth Int'l Pottery Festival

Post  prestontolbert Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:37 pm

I was wondering if any of you Welsh and British potters would be making it to the festival this year.
prestontolbert
prestontolbert

Back to top Go down

Aberystwyth Int'l Pottery Festival Empty Re: Aberystwyth Int'l Pottery Festival

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Preston

What are the dates?

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  prestontolbert Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Andy-
The dates for the festival are Friday 3rd -Sunday 5th of July. My boss, Don Reitz, will be one of the two American demonstrators. I, sadly, will be here in Arizona running the ranch. It looks to be a blast with all the kiln demos and large sculptures. Nina Hole from Denmark will be building a MASSIVE fire sculpture. She builds the sculpture with wet clay on site and fires it with wood to cone 6 or so. I assisted with one of her pieces in North Carolina.

Aberystwyth Int'l Pottery Festival Nh_st10

Sorry, I couldn't get the other images to upload. But the technique is similar to a 1 ton raku. I'm glad you put up the video of your first raku fire, Andy, my wife and I especially enjoyed the little explosion. Shocked

-Preston
prestontolbert
prestontolbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:27 pm

I would have gone if I hadn't checked the price of entry. £70 for Saturday or £60 for Sunday is a bit steep for the casual observer.

I regularly visit ClayArt Wales, which is held a few miles away from my home in the Vale of Clwyd, North Wales. Also an international event with many fine art potters and an outdoor kiln, workshops and demo's. As a non potter I find it absolutely fascinating and have made some good contacts. And at £5 entry for the day, there's no competition in my mind. Unfortunately the site hasn't been updated this year, so perhaps it's not going ahead. http://www.clayart.org.uk/index.htm
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down