Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way

2 posters

Go down

Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way Empty Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way

Post  Kev Bailey Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Don't hold your breath, but a revolution in electronics is just around the corner. Memristors are an entirely new type of electronic component and should make things like loading the operating system a thing of the past. I heard the radio programme the night before last, but it is well reported here. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8609885.stm

No more waiting for your daily bonsai fix! cheers
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way Empty Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Good news indeed Kev. Might go some way in calming my frequent pc rage and therefore reducing the temptation to launch my tower from the first floor window.

Back to top Go down

Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way Empty Re: Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way

Post  fiona Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:12 am

Computer rage? Don't talk to me about computer rage! Not until you've had the experience of trying to switch from one provider to another! Nearly two weeks later and I'm still waiting for our internet service to go "live". In the interim my mobile (cell) phone bill has rocketed because for a week that was my only point of access to the wide world of the web.

Is there a correct medical term for withdrawal symptoms from computer use? Especially with a particular emphasis on the attacks of anxiety I have suffered over the inability to Google. Why, I even found myself re-living the past and visiting the local public library to look up an encylopedia at one point. That was a mistake as the tome in question was about a hundred years out of date, took three big strong men to lift, and prompted a sneezing fit as I blew the sandstorm of dust and cobwebs off it.

Ah well. I now am the proud owner of a mobile broadband dongle - an item I just simply had to purchase, not because I wanted to get back online but merely so I could go about using the word "dongle" at every opportunity. I'm even trying to find ways of using the words "dongle" and "dorodango" in the same sentence.

Back fully live on Monday.

I hope.

Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way Fookin10
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way Empty Re: Ooh techie heaven, instant on and off computers on the way

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down