Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright

+22
DenisL
bonsaisr
Mitch Thomas
ludoh4
peter krebs
Tom McCue
Martin S
bonsai monkey
Rob Kempinski
dorothy7774
Bob Brunt
Rick Moquin
Tom
p@scal
landerloos
Jaco Kriek
mehrdadchavosh
amazonida
andy mcconnell
fiona
Ed Trout
Smithy
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 Empty Re: Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright

Post  Tom McCue Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Again Tony What a great trick with the rod. "I'm not worthy"
Tom McCue
Tom McCue

Back to top Go down

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 Empty Re: Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright

Post  peter krebs Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 am

Hi Tony,

the new pot fits wonderfully to your Literati. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

regards
Peter
peter krebs
peter krebs

Back to top Go down

Post  ludoh4 Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:40 pm

I love the way you work your trees, you work while the respectants without making too. I am amazed every time I see one of your new tree.
This is not a declaration of love but felt every time I see one of your trees as Saulieu example I stayed very long in front of your trees.

ludoh4

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks for the kind words Ludo here is the last week. BTW its in a new pot Very Happy

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 50-bla13

and here is a close up of the flower

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 50-bla14

Back to top Go down

Post  ludoh4 Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:29 pm

javascript:emoticonp('Embarassed')

ludoh4

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Awesome technique, this is exactly why I love IBC. So many great tricks to add to my trick bag! Thanks tony.

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  ludoh4 Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:58 pm

I had jobs the same technique to repot my lonicera.

https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t8178-lonicera-xylosteum

ludoh4

Back to top Go down

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 Empty Literati Prunus spinosa

Post  bonsaisr Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:39 am

Come to find out, sloe is reportedly widely naturalized in the US and Canada, from British Columbia to Long Island. Has anybody actually seen or collected it in this hemisphere?
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  DenisL Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Is this a Bradford Pear? Or is the Bradford Pear a different Pyrus? Or am I all confused?

It is a lovely tree. Super nice!!!!
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Very nice Tony! Blackthorns are a great bonsai material! But I'm wondering, why did you change the pot?
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 Empty Prunus spinosa

Post  bonsaisr Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Javaliman wrote:Is this a Bradford Pear? Or is the Bradford Pear a different Pyrus?
Bradford pear is a cultivar of Pyrus calleryana, a non-fruiting species over-used in landscaping. It is widely naturalized in the Southeast. It is occasionally used for bonsai. Nothing whatever to do with Prunus spinosa, a different genus altogether.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Fore wrote:Very nice Tony! Blackthorns are a great bonsai material! But I'm wondering, why did you change the pot?

because the original pot was not in keeping with the style Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Well both are the open bowl type, I guess it's just that the newer one is more open. I do like the newer pot better either way Wink
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 Empty stabilising the tree

Post  breck Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:17 pm

So how do you stop the pot and tree blowing over?

breck

Back to top Go down

Post  augustine Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:24 pm

This tree could probably blow over. Top heavy trees can be tied to the bench using cord. Run the cord over the top of the pot, not the tree.

augustine

Back to top Go down

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 Empty stabilising the tree

Post  breck Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Yes I know you can tie the pot to the bench I thought Tony might have a better more attractive solution to the problem

breck

Back to top Go down

Literati Prunus Spinosa 'Fifty' final potting from Duffet to Albright - Page 2 Empty Very nice

Post  klaatu Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:07 am

Nice see yours work.
klaatu
klaatu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2