Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Elm didn't Lost its Leaves in Winter

3 posters

Go down

Chinese Elm didn't Lost its Leaves in Winter Empty Chinese Elm didn't Lost its Leaves in Winter

Post  wilsonch Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi all,

I have a Chinese Elm bonsai. Last winter the Elm didn’t lost all its leaves (I understand it is common on Chinese Elms depending on local climate). Now I am preparing for winter season (I live in Chile) and I would like to know if it is recommended to manually cut the leaves didn’t fall by themself.

I really appreciate your advices!

Thanks in advanced,
Wilson.

wilsonch

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm didn't Lost its Leaves in Winter Empty Not till spring

Post  junglejim43 Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 am

I live in California and sometimes they are evergreen. In the southern part of the state they are called evergreen

Elm and normally we let them drop naturally in the spring

junglejim43

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm didn't Lost its Leaves in Winter Empty Re: Chinese Elm didn't Lost its Leaves in Winter

Post  Kirky Sat May 01, 2021 7:45 am

Here in the Southern part of the country they are deciduous up North in the tropics they are ever green
If they are looking old and ratty you can remove them with no detriment to the tree. It also gives you a good look at the naked structure of the tree.

Cheers

Kirky

dan brinker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm didn't Lost its Leaves in Winter Empty Re: Chinese Elm didn't Lost its Leaves in Winter

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down