Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Systemic for common quince

2 posters

Go down

Systemic for common quince Empty Systemic for common quince

Post  Lynn E Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Good Morning,
Have any of you had any success using a systemic on Cydonia oblonga with cedar-quince rust? My older quince, in a pot, needs some help.
I have sprayed twice with a fungal spray for rust. Wondering if a systemic would be a better choice.
Thanks, Lynn

Lynn E

Back to top Go down

Systemic for common quince Empty Re: Systemic for common quince

Post  augustine Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Lynn,

I don't know but have you googled? In the past I have found specific fungicide recommendations for specific species from University/Cooperative extension service websites.

Isn't common quince used in agriculture as rootstock? Should be able to find something.

Good luck

augustine

Back to top Go down

Systemic for common quince Empty Thanks

Post  Lynn E Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Augustine,
Thanks for your reply. I did look at UMass Amherst and Uni. of Illinois. Both sites had good pictures and some treatment options. Mostly fungal spray for
commercial crops and landscape trees.
Doesn't seem to be much out there for common quince in a pot.
Thanks again, Lynn

Lynn E

Back to top Go down

Post  augustine Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:01 pm

I doubt you are going to find info for containerized Cydonia. I have used fungicide recommendations based on species. It shouldn't matter whether the plant is in ground or container as long as the chemical is not harmful to the species.

I cover the soil when spraying fungicides based on the premise that beneficial soil organisms could be killed/harmed. Some folks says this is not necessary but it's easy enough to do with newspaper.

augustine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down