Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxwood Emergency

+2
Spot Beagle
immAGinoso
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boxwood Emergency - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxwood Emergency

Post  immAGinoso Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:40 am

I found these on the trunk today (highlighted areas in red)
I don't remember if cut branches in these locations.
If I did, are they wounds on the trunk and the bark is closing up?
Did I make or encouraged the creation of deadwood in the trunk?
I am now worried that the dead wood borers from the Jap Maple will now hop on to this boxwood.
Boxwood Emergency - Page 2 Img_1719
Also I found this collapsible plastic tent at the dollar store.  The brown pot contains water for hydration.  Is this an okay set up?
The boxwood gets direct sun from sunrise til about 8am at this location.
Also, I didn't rotate the pot for at least 5 days and found more spikes at the shaded sided.   I should probably rotate the back of the future composition towards the sun?
Boxwood Emergency - Page 2 Img_1813

Also, just an extra.. here are two 1.5 gallon nursery boxwoods (green velvet variety) that I found at a good price at a nearby community seasonal plant store.  Now I learned that boxwoods are evergreens and that I shouldn't take all the leaves off.  I ran out of thin wire and haven't worked on the tinier branches.  The first one is currently about a foot high, keeping many left-right-left-right branches for now for it's health and faster growth.  I envision that the finished height of the finished tree should be at least 18 inches... better image for the leaf size... I still cant decide how to style the second or last picture  boxwood, still looking for the front.  
Boxwood Emergency - Page 2 Img_1718
Boxwood Emergency - Page 2 Img_1717

immAGinoso

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2