Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old

2 posters

Go down

Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Empty Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old

Post  Indo Andreas Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:47 pm

Here my Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry that is about 16 years old, I bought this tree some years back and just trimmed it. I have now started to cut it back to start the actual styling progress, It is still in a training pot, re potted this tree 2 month ago and de foliaged it. Branches where cut two weeks ago. Wiring was only done on the lower branches, because that is where I like to get some negative space going. When the foliage is out and trimmed to what I like it, he goes onto a slab. Last picture before the clipping.
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0440
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0441
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0442
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0443
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0445
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0447
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0446
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0444
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0448
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0531
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0526
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0527
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0528
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0529
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0530
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0610

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Empty Re: Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old

Post  BrendanR Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:37 am

Superb!

If you re-cut just the tip of the roots you chopped off - say by 1 or 2 mm - and buried it a bit deeper for a season do you think it might put out some roots at the cut to smooth the transition and create a tapered root?

BrendanR

Back to top Go down

Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Empty Re: Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old

Post  Indo Andreas Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:02 pm

It is actually an interesting tree, the bark peels of while it is growing, so it always renews its reddish colour. Fruiting is possible but the bee's are missing in Jakarta in the time I had this tree +/- 5 years I had one cherry on it. As I obtained the tree, wire where growing in, that left some branches marked, however I used the concave cutter on those places to take the bad bulks formed away. I kept, the style round to thicken the branches and just cut the foliage all the time I had him. The re-cut now should make the tree more interesting, to ad negative space, therefore only the low branches where wired. It is hard to wire and to keep in place therefore I used oversize wire. The branches split in junctions if not careful. I left it in the soil as seen on the picture for all the time I had it, then I totally removed the soil and it was standing dormant for 7-9 weeks, so I waited for new shoots. At first the shoots where dying off so I did not dare to make the final cuts. After I saw the shoots where spreading new and stayed, the cutting was done. Then I waited another two week and now it is pumping new shoots everywhere. I did use "Garden Tee" once a week after before cutting and use it now as weekly standard with fertiliser. The "garden tee I started the last three month, all of my trees show better growth, so I will stick to it. Coming to your comment, for the roots that where shopped before my time, I plan to use the concave cutter, before it goes onto the slap, rooting powder will be applied and pure compost of about 2cm above the roots will be added. We shall see if it works to improve the tapper. Will add some more pictures soon as the leaves start showing.

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Post  Indo Andreas Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:54 am

Short update in pictures, the new shoots are pumping.
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0611
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0612
Eugenia uniflora Cayenne cherry 16 years old Img_0613

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down