Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serissa mini bonsai

2 posters

Go down

Serissa  mini bonsai Empty Serissa mini bonsai

Post  twyama3388 Wed May 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Serissa  mini  bonsai

Creative is a pot Serissa, from a pile of weeds and slowly staggered branches pruned branches convex Wu messy roots, planted 20 months ,Serissa show finally getting a little taste of miniature potted plants.

Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss10

Fancy tree to the right of the Tree conditions are good, put it separated a few months ago, ready to match Celadon bowl is its new home.

Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss19

Speaking Serissa, on the way to mention it - it features a small evergreen shrubs or sub-shrubs, with little more than one meter high; having most branches, twigs slender and dense. Single Leaves opposite, but mostly clustered at the top of the spur, narrowly elliptic or oval, the surface was glossy dark green, the back light green; surface smooth and hairless, the back of the axillary vein occasionally whiskers; midrib concave surface and under the back uplift, lateral veins 4 to 5, less significant; petiole short, stipules triangular, apex acute.

Because having a minor Liuyuexue short, leafs dense, green all year round, good adaptability to the environment,It is a good material miniature potted plants, especially more often sticks close and students of fine, dry, produces a natural "abutting" in effect, like the ribs of old trunk shape, and then extended down to generate claw root disk to be like a tree planted decades banyan mini version, but the lack of a banyan unique "aerial roots."

Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss18
Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss15
Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss11
Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss13
Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss12
Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss16
Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss14
Serissa  mini bonsai Seriss17

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

Serissa  mini bonsai Empty Re: Serissa mini bonsai

Post  BrendanR Mon May 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Looks like you are having fun!

I'd cut off the top 1/3rd of the growth to promote the canopy spreading and I'd try and get it much wider and lower, so that the trunks look more powerful in proportion.

Also, next season, you might want to try and get it into a smaller pot?

BrendanR

Back to top Go down

Post  twyama3388 Tue May 24, 2016 10:34 am

BrendanR wrote:Looks like you are having fun!

I'd cut off the top 1/3rd of the growth to promote the canopy spreading and I'd try and get it much wider and lower, so that the trunks look more powerful in proportion.

Also, next season, you might want to try and get it into a smaller pot?

Hi friend ,
Your suggestion is makes sense, but in my experience of planting , Serissa growth slow even in the warm spring and summer too, the foliage may help cut above the bottom of thick lush growth, perhaps not, but it health deteriorated, in shortly transplant time it should be relatively safe for a long time to observe, and then do the next step.

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down