Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shohin Yamadori

Go down

Shohin Yamadori Empty Shohin Yamadori

Post  gman Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi Folks,
Here is a small contorta pine (shore pine) that I collected last year. I really like all the twists in the main branches but I can seem to find a way of incorporating them into the design. Any design ideas would be appreciated. One note the main branches (with all the curves/twists) are very stiff.
Cheers Gman
Shohin Yamadori Imgp0614
Shohin Yamadori Imgp0615Shohin Yamadori Imgp0616

Last edited by gman on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Shohin Yamadori Empty Re: Shohin Yamadori

Post  Gæst Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Interesting tree, but styling after only one year after collecting is dangerous. Yamadori collected material shoild be left to grow at least three years to be sure they are strong enough before styling.

Regards
Morten Albek

Gæst

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks Morten, the tree seemed to be very healthy and responded well this year with vigorous root growth so I did some very basic wiring, and wont repot it until 2011.
Cheers Gman
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Shohin Yamadori Empty Re: Shohin Yamidori

Post  Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:02 pm

How well does this variety bud back? If it buds well I would concentrate on that first. Build up its strenght and branching first then worry about styling in a couple of years.

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:25 am

Will/Morten,
We've found that with this two needled pine, following the standard routines (once the tree is healthly enough too) works well.......also we've found that an agressive full de-candling in the strong zones can really help transfer the growth back along to the moderate and weaker zones. We've also found that a time (18 months) released (polymer coated) fertilzer really helps the transplant shock (from collection). This fert. works well as the release is triggeed by certain moisture and temperature levels and it seems that our climate works well to trigger that release during the two root egress periods.
Will keep you posted on its development.
G
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down