Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

birds singing

+4
Nguyenhungson
Harleyrider
Kev Bailey
Heven
8 posters

Go down

birds singing Empty birds singing

Post  Heven Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:25 pm

I found out it from a long river yesterday. I see it two birds are singing on the branch, another bird is gamboling in water. Dimension: 6.30 x 10.63 x 3.74 Inch

birds singing Peace10

Last edited by Heven on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

birds singing Empty Re: birds singing

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Lovely picture stone Heven.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I agree, a lovely image Heven.

I also see another bird flying up from the water to join his friends on the branch.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Nguyenhungson Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:36 pm

I see stone as letters China or Japan writing,Heven. Laughing
Nguyenhungson
Nguyenhungson

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Walker Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:21 am

I would call this stone, Rorschach.
Alan Walker
Alan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:35 am

No big experience on stones but lovely find.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:Lovely picture stone Heven.

Thank you Kev for your comment.Smile
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Harleyrider wrote:I agree, a lovely image Heven.

I also see another bird flying up from the water to join his friends on the branch.

Hi handsome guy, it's been a long time.Smile Some of people told me what that is the duck in water. Many Thanks You!
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Nguyenhungson wrote:I see stone as letters China or Japan writing,Heven. Laughing

LOL:) Thank you Nguyenhungson.
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Alan Walker wrote:I would call this stone, Rorschach.

Hello Alan, what is Rorschach? I can't find out it by dictionary, only a bit know by internet that a fictional comic book superhero featured, I guess it is not correct response.Smile
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:17 pm

landerloos wrote:No big experience on stones but lovely find.

Peter

We are all biginner in suiseki collection, thank you for your comment for this stone.Smile
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Handsome? Me? I think my friends will laugh when they read this! Embarassed But thank you anyway.

Rorschach is a test used by psychiatrists. It is a number of cards, each one containing a blot of ink. The patient must describe what he sees within each ink blot and the doctor can use this to assess how the patients mind is working. It is very similar to us seeing pictures in stones!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

I hope this is explained well enough for you.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  HuuHiep Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Heven,

Wow, It's too lovely. I agree with you, but I see total three birds flying together. Also they pick up the preys with their claws. Smile

Thanks you for sharing.
HuuHiep
HuuHiep

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Viewers see the bird image slightly differently, and several imagine water-- "birds gamboling in water" or "birds flying while holding prey (often a waterside image)." Water is among the least obvious images, but it is called its the scene inexplicitly by a few horizontal strokes of color. We could hold several recognitions of "birds above water" to imagine together or be held to a single image with an explicit title.

The stone's wood seat is expertly close-fitted and its quasi-modern lines (perhaps, the segmental arch between legs suggestive of Biedermier furniture, too) allows the simple image on the stone to draw attention well.

This stone could be easily overlooked. Instead, it was recognized and elevated with proper mounting.

The image is so vague that it might be elevated again through arrangement with other objects. The stone recalls a thematic displays by Jim Greaves in his "Beyond the Black Mountain" exhibition & book. Heven's wood seat also recalls seats crafted by (or for) Jim & Alice Greaves. Jim is a wonder at artistic display, & Heven is in close alignment with such skill in preparing this stone for viewing...

Jim's thematic display scene in Beyond the Black Mountain...
birds singing Dsc00073

Another thematic display scene from the same exhibit...
birds singing Dsc00070

A stone seat lightened with a shallow segmental arch between the implied feet of Jim's stone...
birds singing Dsc00074

Heven's skill in presentation raises this stone tremendously. Her recent comment to Harleyrider (I think) re' that we are all beginners as students in stone appreciation also warms me to her feeling in regard to this stone.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Harleyrider wrote:Handsome? Me? I think my friends will laugh when they read this! Embarassed But thank you anyway.

Rorschach is a test used by psychiatrists. It is a number of cards, each one containing a blot of ink. The patient must describe what he sees within each ink blot and the doctor can use this to assess how the patients mind is working. It is very similar to us seeing pictures in stones!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

I hope this is explained well enough for you.

Hello Harleyrider,

Haha you are a handsome:). Thank you for your explaining about Rorschach and posting this site.

Heven

Last edited by Heven on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:33 pm

HuuHiep wrote:Hi Heven,

Wow, It's too lovely. I agree with you, but I see total three birds flying together. Also they pick up the preys with their claws. Smile

Thanks you for sharing.

Hi HuuHiep,

Thank you for your comment. Some friends told me that is a duck in river. A Chinese proverb say 'Oriole in sky, mandarin duck in water. Meaning happiness coming.Smile

Heven
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:07 pm

[quote="Chris Cochrane"]Viewers see the bird image slightly differently, and several imagine water-- "birds gamboling in water" or "birds flying while holding prey (often a waterside image)." Water is among the least obvious images, but it is called its the scene inexplicitly by a few horizontal strokes of color. We could hold several recognitions of "birds above water" to imagine together or be held to a single image with an explicit title.....................

Hi Cris,

I double read your comments, it seems to me this is very good, I appreciate you very much.Smile
Also Jim's show is excited to me, thank you for your posting that helpping me to learn.
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down