Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

your assistance please

2 posters

Go down

your assistance please Empty your assistance please

Post  bigsteve Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:07 pm

At the Capel manor show there was a very small accent plant it was my personal favourite in the show
Its in a great Duffett pot the only problem is the gentleman who owned it has forgotten the name of the plant
i was wondering if any of you guys and girls may be able to help and identify it for me
all he could remember was he bought it at an Alpine garden society members stall at their annual show
i know there is two plants in the pot and i am interested in the flowering one it was about 3 to 4 inches tall
Hope you can assist me
Regards
Steve
your assistance please Bonsai63
your assistance please Bonsai64
bigsteve
bigsteve

Back to top Go down

your assistance please Empty Re: your assistance please

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:55 pm

My first thought was a Saxifrage, but I wasn't certain, so ran it past an Alpine authority that I know, my friend and local club mate Matt Morrow. He says "It looks like Saxifraga fortunei, an autumn flowering species from China and japan. Cool shade and acid soil."
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsteve Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:My first thought was a Saxifrage, but I wasn't certain, so ran it past an Alpine authority that I know, my friend and local club mate Matt Morrow. He says "It looks like Saxifraga fortunei, an autumn flowering species from China and japan. Cool shade and acid soil."
many thanks Kev
i have just googled it and i reckon you have got it in one!
regards
steve
bigsteve
bigsteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum