Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Satsuki with flowers in late September

3 posters

Go down

A Satsuki with flowers in late September Empty A Satsuki with flowers in late September

Post  xuan le Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Here is my Satsuki (variety Hi no Maru) with a second blooming this year, it first bloomed in June and now a second flush
Xuan
A Satsuki with flowers in late September 002_zps4eae6f0a
A Satsuki with flowers in late September 001_zps8dc2b4c6
Today pictures
A Satsuki with flowers in late September 016_zpsb222668e
This picture was taken in June

xuan le

Back to top Go down

A Satsuki with flowers in late September Empty Re: A Satsuki with flowers in late September

Post  Neli Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:52 pm

UUU!
Nice pictures! Nice display! and Nice tree!
Neli
Neli

Back to top Go down

A Satsuki with flowers in late September Empty Re: A Satsuki with flowers in late September

Post  Leo Schordje Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:15 pm

really nice.
Interesting that the fall flowering has more white with red flowers, where spring had more flowers with red dominating. or do I have it backwards?,

either way, the color shift is interesting.

there are a series of repeat blooming azalea hybrids being offered by some USA landscape nurseries. It is nice to see some Satsuki hybrids can do this too.

double the pleasure
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:40 am

Thanks Neli and Leo for your reply, yes Leo you have a backwards observation, the flowers have the whit color dominant in Spring

Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Thanks, white dominates in spring, more varied, with more red in autumn. I will have to keep an eye out for the cultivar 'Hi no Maru', maybe pick up a whip someday.

I hope someday my Satsuki will be as nice as yours. Some trees are no problem for me, some are always intractable. In my care azaleas are in between, they will do fine, sometimes for 5 or more years at a stretch, then suddenly something goes wrong (often a mistake I recognize as my doing) and then they decline and die. I need to nail down the details of their cultivation. Thank you for posting your photos, I learn something each time.
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down