Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lacebark Chinese Elm

4 posters

Go down

Lacebark Chinese Elm Empty Lacebark Chinese Elm

Post  pizzarhett Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:29 pm

I just got a chinese elm 3 days ago and I don't know what my first step should be. I watered it a little the day I got it cause it was really dry. I figured it needed plant food so I did not want to water it 2 days in a row. So the next day I let it hang out in the sun. Then at the end of the day I fed it some plant food with a lot of water and plucked a few dead leaves and cut some longer over grown sprigs nothing crazy. I don't know what to do next. Can anyone help me? I have a picture but it is sideways I know that is frowned upon but I could not figure out how to rotate it. Thank you! Lacebark Chinese Elm Photo13
pizzarhett
pizzarhett

Back to top Go down

Lacebark Chinese Elm Empty Re: Lacebark Chinese Elm

Post  rrubberbandman Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Hurts my neck looking at it! Laughing Laughing Laughing 

rrubberbandman

Back to top Go down

Lacebark Chinese Elm Empty Lacebark Chinese Elm

Post  Precarious Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:54 pm

The main thing it needs at this point, imho, is to grow and grow some more. I like the subtle movement in the trunk. I believe that down the road, as the branches thicken, where the two lowest branches meet you will see the trunk 'over-thicken' and create a bulge there. Sooner rather than later, I would remove one of those two.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:09 pm

also, knowing where you are on this big blue marble would help with advice...

re: the picture, i struggled with sideways pics too... i found that even though i rotated them before posting, it wouldn't "take" until i went into my editing program and rotated it and then replaced the original pic file with the rotated one...
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzarhett Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks guys for the help!!

When cutting the simi thick branches, how should I go about that? And I am located in Santa Cruz, Ca. I'm gonna try that rotating trick next time I post.
pizzarhett
pizzarhett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down