Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root

3 posters

Go down

Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root Empty Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root

Post  kirk@localbonsai.com Tue May 27, 2014 4:52 am

Comments, suggestions, or past experiences appreciated. - Kirk

http://localbonsai.com/nebari-reconstruction-from-claw-to-exposed-root/
kirk@localbonsai.com
kirk@localbonsai.com

Back to top Go down

Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root Empty Re: Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root

Post  Cordon Thu May 29, 2014 12:21 am

I'm not sure how effective simply dusting the surface of the roots will be at encouraging rooting. Rooting hormone is usually applied to undifferentiated tissue, like when taking cuttings or air-layering in order to induce root formation. Burying the root base may result in new roots, and it may not. I think you would have been better off ground or air-layering the tree above the poor nebari. There are several threads on the subject. Regardless, good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Cordon

Back to top Go down

Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root Empty Re: Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root

Post  fbizuneh Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:18 am

I am also uncertain if your method will result in the thick nebari that you are looking for. Here is another suggestion that i recently used with a Hupp's Dwarf Japanese Maple with a similar exposed "claw nebari"

I found a few rocks of similar texture and arranged them within the claw foot to stimulate as "root over rock".

Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root _5710

Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root 20140615

Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root 20140611

Nebari Reconstruction : from claw to exposed-root 20140612

Fasil
fbizuneh
fbizuneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down