Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

black pine seeds

4 posters

Go down

black pine seeds Empty black pine seeds

Post  s.jones Wed May 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Does anyone know where to get black pine seeds other than from a tree? I have searched ebay and nothing but negative feedback from disgruntled buyers. I live where they don't grow but thrive here in Naples. Any help? Steve

s.jones

Back to top Go down

black pine seeds Empty Re: black pine seeds

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Wed May 21, 2014 11:33 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Black-Pine-Seed-Seeds/dp/B000V9PDM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400711135&sr=8-1&keywords=japanese+black+pine+seeds

Steve,

you can always check Amazon.

Additionally, often these seeds have already had enough of a sleep to begin the cycle of growth. So you may wish to soak half the amount in warm water for 24 hours and then plant in sterile freely draining soil. You should see life in 10 days or so.
Easiest to use seedling trays that have individual pockets and leave alone for 1 year to get them to form a core, lifting out with all of the soil to just go into a larger pot. I use simple earthenware pots 4" and a mix of builder's gravel at 3 to 5mm.

See the Bonsai Today articles.

You can on the second or third try, use the Japanese technique of cutting the seedlings for surface roots.
Good Luck.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  evanB Fri May 23, 2014 6:29 am

I'm in Ft.Myers, small world.  I've had success with treeshrubseeds.com - infact I'm sowing black pine seeds tomorrow. I received one pack (about 25 seeds) for $3. The seeds I received were large size too. As of tonight all but two have sunk in the 72 hour soaking period.

evanB

Back to top Go down

black pine seeds Empty black pine seeds

Post  s.jones Fri May 23, 2014 6:19 pm

I just received 20 seeds from ebay yesterday and 16 have sunk. waiting til sunday to sow. keep in touch maybe we can hook up.

s.jones

Back to top Go down

Post  DonH Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:20 am

I purchased some JBP seeds on ebay from treeseedplus 20 seeds for $2 and have had 16 of them germinate so far.

DonH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down