Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bjorn Bjorholm is in town!

2 posters

Go down

Bjorn Bjorholm is in town! Empty Bjorn Bjorholm is in town!

Post  PaulH Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks in part to a grant from the Golden State Bonsai Federation,  Bjorholm is in Northern California this week. If you somehow haven't heard of him, Bjorn is a native of Knoxville,Tn who has been an apprentice of Keiichi Fujikawa in Osaka since 2008. He has become well known for his excellent Youtube video series, "Bonsai Art of Japan". He is also co - founder and co - instructor of the Fujikawa International School of Bonsai.
Most of the work Bjorn has done in Japan involves preparation of great trees for the major exhibits in Japan.
Bjorn is skilled, articulate, friendly, and a very interesting demonstrator.
Tuesday night Bjorn demonstrated at the American Bonsai Association of Sacramento on a very challenging large, old California juniper. He had to do some major bending of large branches and transformed the tree into a beauty. The tree was raffled and (Woo-Hoo!) came home with me!

BjornBjorn Bjorholm is in town! <a href=Bjorn Bjorholm is in town! Bjorn_10" />
Last night Bjorn did a demo For another of the clubs I belong to, Gold Country Bonsai Club. The subject again was a great California juniper. This tree had been styled before but had grown freely for a number of years and Bjorn Started by saying he wanted to refine the tree to the point that it could be exhibited right away. He succeeded. Though I bought raffle tickets, the tree was won by our club president.

Bjorn Bjorholm is in town! <a href=Bjorn Bjorholm is in town! Bjorm_10" />

Bjorn Bjorholm is in town! <a href=Bjorn Bjorholm is in town! Bjorn_12" />
Tomorrow (Saturday) five members of our study group will have an all - day workshop with Bjorn and I can't wait. I plan to take some of my collected Sierra and California junipers to work on with his guidance. Should be a blast.
PaulH
PaulH

Back to top Go down

Bjorn Bjorholm is in town! Empty Re: Bjorn Bjorholm is in town!

Post  NorCalBonsaiGuy Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Congrats on winning that awesome demo tree, looks like it has a great future! Our club in Chico is looking forward to hosting Bjorn on Sunday! I have a collected Sierra Juniper and Lodgepole Pine I'm hoping he can help me take to the next level.

NorCalBonsaiGuy

Back to top Go down