Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something a bit different

3 posters

Go down

Something a bit different Empty Something a bit different

Post  Hank Miller Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:54 pm

I like shohin and mame bonsai.  I have an increasing number in my collection. Because these types of bonsai trees are seldom exhibited as individual trees the choice of a  proper stand is important and sometimes difficult . When I exhibit these trees, be it in my home or at a bonsai exhibition, i generally find that I do not have a stand to match the trees I have selected to display.   Although we make a number of stands for shohin and mame bonsai I always feel that the stand I have chosen is not quite right.  Lastly most shohin/bonsai stands are not always easy to transport.

With this in mind, I have been thinking for quite awhile about designing a different type of shohin/mame stand which is both flexible and reasonably compact.  The components of the stand (a base along with 3 sets of legs and 3 different tops and bottoms) are shown below.

Something a bit different Ttsh3810

The individual stands can easily be assembled and taken apart. For the components shown above there are 48 possible choices.  One is shown below ( I apologize for the parallax.  The legs of each stand are perpendicular to their respective  top and bottom.). Note that the stands can be positioned as desired on the base..  

Something a bit different Ttsh3811

Below I have made a display of a few of my shohin Ficus burtt-davyi figs (Again apologies for the parallax)..

Something a bit different Ttsh3812

Enjoy. Hank

Last edited by Hank Miller on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Hank Miller
Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

Something a bit different Empty Re: Something a bit different

Post  dick benbow Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:30 am

Hank, I did enjoy...thank-you. Some of my bigger more involved stands are also constructed in such a way as they can be completely taken apart for easier transportation and I REALLY like that concept. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes the K.I.S.S. principle makes a lot of sense Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaybird Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:22 am

What a great idea! I am always hunting for just the right stand for that special tree and your idea ha provided a great solution.
Thanks for sharing.
Jaybird
Jaybird
Jaybird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum