Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chojubai Care

4 posters

Go down

Chojubai Care Empty Chojubai Care

Post  juniper07 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Hello IBC,

Are there any experienced Red Chojubai growers? I just got a small starter from a nursery and I want to learn the basics of training this variety to its best potential. I found bits of training info on Michael Hagedorn's blog and some info (for general chaenomeles species) on Brent Walston's site.

Some propagation from cutting info will be nice as well.

Thanks.
juniper07
juniper07

Back to top Go down

Chojubai Care Empty Re: Chojubai Care

Post  dick benbow Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:51 am

For years I've hunted down info on chojubai, much to my disappointment. The bonsai art of Japan on you-tube promised to do a segment for me and then didn't. I have better luck with orange and white. The red has always
been my favorite but more frustrating.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:40 pm

I've got some 40-50 japanese flowering quinces. From my personal experience, chojubai are different in their needs and requirerments then just the flowering quince group. So while it's good to have an idea in general,
I wouldn't depend exclusively on that information, especially for red.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty Weiser Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Dick - Why don't you post what you have found to be different for chojubai vs. what has been posted. You may not consider yourself the authority on the topic, but it appears to me that you may have found some things that work or don't work in your climate. It would give others a point of departure from what has been published on flowering quince in general. - Marty

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down