Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stolen trees

+5
JimLewis
Ian Young
paul.spearman
yamasuri
alex e
9 posters

Go down

stolen trees Empty stolen trees

Post  alex e Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:18 am

Bagpiper stolen trees Junipe19
stolen trees Junipe20

stolen trees Bridge10
all the trees were stolen from a Marquee at the Bridgend County Show 13TH/14TH July
picture quality of the White pine is not good but its the only one I have & it belongs to RON a member
the Cardiff club although it is featured in the Bonsai Wales 2012 book, other trees stolen were .........
Southern Beech, Triple trunk Maple,
Semi cascade Larch in a crescent Mo pot,
Literati Larch very distinctive 8" jin top in a China Mist round pot
Mame Cottoneaster with a chinese pot,the culprits even had the audacity to take the stands they were
on:evil: 

Any information please contact me on 07969629466

Alex e
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

stolen trees Empty Re: stolen trees

Post  yamasuri Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 am

This really suck. Hope you'll get them back.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  paul.spearman Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Soory to here about your stolen trees hope you catch B---- who done this if we here anything up this end will let you know
reg Paul

paul.spearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Alex, I've blogged the photos to help get the word out there. If you can come up with photos of the others I'll happily post these too.

Blog Post Link

Gutted for you mate.
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Lately, it seems, a few have been returned after being publicized. Good luck.

Moving to Announcements.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  alex e Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Ian Young wrote:Alex, I've blogged the photos to help get the word out there. If you can come up with photos of the others I'll happily post these too.

Blog Post Link

Gutted for you mate.

Cheers mate really appreciate it your right "gutted"Sad 
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  alex e Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:39 pm

paul.spearman wrote:Soory to here about your stolen trees hope you catch B---- who done this if we here anything up this end will let you know
reg Paul

Cheers Paul
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  alex e Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:41 pm

JimLewis wrote:Lately, it seems, a few have been returned after being publicized.  Good luck.

Moving to Announcements.

WILL NEED IT! thanks
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Alex,

if i get any calls or offers for me to buy trees that make me suspicious i'll do my best to get any details i can m8. The last tree taken from a SW country show turned up for sale in Manchester i think - are there pictures of the other trees though ? without them it will be hard to know if any trees for sale are from this batch

best wishes

Marcus

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  robatkinson Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:43 pm

jesus alex just seen this i am gutted for you guys
we will keep an eye out up here for you mate.
regards rob. a.
robatkinson
robatkinson

Back to top Go down

Post  alex e Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:50 pm

marcus watts wrote:Hi Alex,

if i get any calls or offers for me to buy trees that make me suspicious i'll do my best to get any details i can m8. The last tree taken from a SW country show turned up for sale in Manchester i think - are there pictures of the other trees though ? without them it will be hard to know if any trees for sale are from this batch

best wishes

Marcus

Hi Marcus really appreciate it, more pictures are gonna be available soon, my only fear
is that the Morons who did it will keep them hidden indoors thinking they can & kill them:evil: 
regards Alex e:0=): 
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  alex e Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:54 pm

robatkinson wrote:jesus alex just seen this i am gutted for you guys
we will keep an eye out up here for you mate.
regards rob. a.
Cheers big man I,m devastated, years of work gone:( appreciate you looking out for us

regards ALEX E Bagpiper 
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

stolen trees Empty Stolen Trees

Post  bob hill Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Regardless and above all else this is really sick news my initial reaction was who or what was responsible for the security at this event? If any? However my main concern is if these trees are not already gone to some unscrupulous buyer who knows how they were attained then they could still be in the hands of the people who stole them...Ignorant and languishing in somebody's shed, van or backyard with no knowledge of how to care or look after them, especially in this freak weather....Then you have to ask yourself what concerning Bonsai Lover would buy any one of them without knowing the background of the trees...After all, you wouldn't buy a car without knowing it's history.....not.....nice!!!...

Bob Hill...

bob hill

Back to top Go down

Post  jason.p Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 am

My wife is a member of the National Vegetable Society and she has also circulated info to members there to look out for the trees. They are all busy at shows, judging and showing , so will be making sure they check any bonsai exhibits too.
jason.p
jason.p

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:09 am

i'm thinking that in tented shows or hard to secure events that go overnight I would be inclined to take my trees away at night and replace them in the morning from now on. It almost needs a paid security guard to sleep in the tents these days - all clubs have a few younger keen 'apprentices' who would do the job and be happy to earn a few pounds. When I was 18-20 my boss had 2 of us sleep in the tent with all our show displays at every show, every night as show theft is very common - at one event thieves wearing agricultural overalls came on site with a lorry and loaded new tractors at the end of the event!! . I think it would be worthy peace of mind if tree owners all contributed to proper tent security - putting £5 or £10 each towards paying a responsible person is not unrealistic to totally deter tree thefts.

still keeping an eye out on my travels

regards Marcus

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down