Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai?

4 posters

Go down

Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai? Empty Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai?

Post  Mr.Leto Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:50 pm

I think this first one has the most potential:
Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai? Photoon6-5-13at1106AM_zpsb1e30103
Here's the other... I acquired it at my school's botany sale and have been growing it for almost a year:
Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai? Photoon6-5-13at1101AM_zps5186d8f7
Anyone have an opinion or recommendations?
Mr.Leto
Mr.Leto

Back to top Go down

Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai? Empty Re: Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai?

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:51 pm

NO
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai? Empty Re: Could I Train Either of These as Bonsai?

Post  redbeard Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:23 am

These are both kalanchoes, it looks like... The second picture appears to be K. beharensis; leaves on that one are just a bit too big (and by "just a bit", I mean "waaaaaay"). The first one... I suppose it could be done, but several years of growth and girth on that trunk would be a minimum requirement. Of course, there are some who would DQ both of these on grounds that they are not trees. That's not for me to say, though.
Mr.Leto wrote:Anyone have an opinion or recommendations?
On an internet forum? No way... tongue Razz
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  appalachianOwl Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:23 am

train them and see what happens, i would like to observe the results your years down the road. the term "tree" is really quite a vauge description as it is, being that a maple "tree" is closer related genetically to grass than to a pine "tree." good growing to you either way.
appalachianOwl
appalachianOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Leto Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 am

Thank you, appalachianOwl and redbeard, for your response. I'll see what I can do while I play around with them and post any results I have.
Mr.Leto
Mr.Leto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down