Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show

2 posters

Go down

Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show Empty Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show

Post  JMcCoy Fri May 31, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi all,
We wrapped up our 2013 Austin Bonsai Society annual show recently, so I thought I'd post some photos of the event. We had about 1000 visitors, sold the heck out of raffle tickets, the demonstrations seemed well attended, and the vendors all were happy with the crowd. It's always a little more like a mini-convention, than just a show! Smile

Here is the main tree, when walking in the room: a very large Cedar Elm:
Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show 2013_510

A Kingsville Boxwood on stone:
Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show 2013_511

A BIG Ginkgo:
Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show 2013_512

Brazilian Rain Tree:
Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show 2013_513

This is a link to my Flickr page with the set of photos from the show. It has the Bonsai, exhibit overview angles, and photos of the 2 demonstrations:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9290304@N06/sets/72157633833853082/

And as something a little different this year (as I moved up to my first "smartphone" - yikes!), I made a short video of the scene:

JMcCoy
JMcCoy

Back to top Go down

Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show Empty Re: Austin Bonsai Society - 2013 show

Post  Russell Coker Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks Joey, nice show!

Where was the show held, and how long did it run? We couldn't get 1000 visitors... even if we paid them AND told them Jesus was going to be there too.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  JMcCoy Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks Russell! It is held 2 days, Sat & Sun, at Zilker which is our botanic garden. Most of the visitors wander in from the gardens, but we also do advertise in the papers & blitz the city with flyers. Plus we keep a email list of people that are interetsted in hearing about bonsai events (now a couple hundred) and let all of them know as well. No religious sightings necessary! Razz
JMcCoy
JMcCoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down