Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tree Design

4 posters

Go down

Tree Design Empty Tree Design

Post  kellyronald6 Sun May 05, 2013 5:46 am

Tree Design 20130526
I am hoping for some help with the design of this tree,(Jin, Carving, or a Virtual Design) would be nice.

kellyronald6

Back to top Go down

Tree Design Empty Re: Tree Design

Post  JimLewis Sun May 05, 2013 11:45 am

Looks a bit early for much design help to me. The tree coud go almost anywhere. To give at least the image of taper (badly needed) you might carve away a LITTLE from the side opposite from that branch.

Moving to Bonsai Questions.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Sun May 05, 2013 2:16 pm

You may not get any growth on what looks to be your intended apex because no foliage was left on it that I could see. The first branch will likely need to become your apex. Badly in need of taper also as Jim said.
Tona
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  kellyronald6 Sun May 05, 2013 5:24 pm

When would be the best time of year to carve on this tree to aquire the necessary taper?

kellyronald6

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun May 05, 2013 8:44 pm

kellyronald6 wrote:When would be the best time of year to carve on this tree to aquire the necessary taper?

Probably late summer or fall, but don't do it all at once. A LITTLE this year if the tree is healthy, more next year and finish it off the third year.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  kellyronald6 Mon May 06, 2013 9:51 pm

I have never tried to carve on a tree. Are there any video's or tutorials on how to create taper with carving?

kellyronald6

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Legg Mon May 06, 2013 10:35 pm

kellyronald6 wrote:I have never tried to carve on a tree. Are there any video's or tutorials on how to create taper with carving?

If you want carving videos Google "Kaizen Bonsai" and check out Graham's videos. Great collection and he carves well. Not sure if there are any that deal specifically with taper, but you'll find loads of them there.

Andrew Legg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down