Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai around Miami / Ft. Lauderdale / Boca Raton?

2 posters

Go down

Bonsai around Miami / Ft. Lauderdale / Boca Raton? Empty Bonsai around Miami / Ft. Lauderdale / Boca Raton?

Post  Heike_vG Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Hello,

next month (October 3 - 17) I will travel to Fort Lauderdale, Florida with my family. We are from Germany, near Hamburg, and have not been to Florida before.
I already tried Google to find something around bonsai worth going to during our holiday but I can hardly tell what might be nice and not too far to drive (we have two little girls and don't want to spend too much time in the car).

I have been making bonsai for about 28 years in Germany and would like to see what bonsai is like in the region I travel to.

Could somebody please recommend something to me? I would appreciate this very much.

Many greetings and thank you in advance,

Heike
Heike_vG
Heike_vG

Back to top Go down

Bonsai around Miami / Ft. Lauderdale / Boca Raton? Empty Re: Bonsai around Miami / Ft. Lauderdale / Boca Raton?

Post  JimLewis Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:21 pm

There is Miami Tropical Bonsai if you want to look at an impressive commercial venture. It is south of Miami, toward Homestead -- 14775 SW 232nd St., Goulds, FL 33170-7003 tel. (305) 258-0865

You can get driving directions by Googling it.

We have a number of South Floridians on the IBC. I'm sure some of them would be delighted to get together with you.

Enjoy yourselves.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Bonsai around Miami / Ft. Lauderdale / Boca Raton? Empty Re: Bonsai around Miami / Ft. Lauderdale / Boca Raton?

Post  Heike_vG Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:30 pm

Hello Jim,

thank you very much for your immediate reply!
I will try to visit Miami Tropical Bonsai then, I have already found their homepage and it looks interesting.
Luckily our rental car will have a satellite navigation device.

If I could meet bonsai people from the area this would be even more fascinating!

Heike
Heike_vG
Heike_vG

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:35 pm

There usually are a good number of bonsai people at Miami tropical -- Mary Miller lives not too far away, if I recall. She used to be on the IBC but I haven't heard from (or of) her for some time now. Alas.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down