Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design

+10
tranbac
adge0001
Alex empty
yamasuri
Down Under Jason
Tona
0soyoung
lennard
AlainK
AndyRutledge
14 posters

Go down

Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design Empty Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design

Post  AndyRutledge Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 am

Just a note to say that this week I redesigned and relaunched my online book website, Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design. It's mildly re-edited, but the redesign provides a pleasant reading experience on desktop, tablets, and handheld devices.
http://andyrutledge.com/book/

Hope you enjoy.

Kind regards,
Andy
AndyRutledge
AndyRutledge

Back to top Go down

Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design Empty Re: Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design

Post  AlainK Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Great work!

I enjoyed reading it, I particularly liked the chapter on "Design Integrity".

Thanks a lot for sharing, a must-read for everyone. thumbs up
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design Empty Artistic foundations in bonsai design.

Post  lennard Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 pm

I have read and studied your book a few times and every time I do research for a club meeting or for my own enrichment I refer a lot to your work.

Every time I go through your book I feel relaxed about my own perception of the art of bonsai.

Your book will stand the test of time in a very fast changing bonsai world.

Thanks

Lennard
lennard
lennard

Back to top Go down

Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design Empty Re: Artistic Foundations of Bonsai Design

Post  AndyRutledge Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks guys. I'm glad you've enjoyed it and I appreciate your saying so.

Kind regards,
Andy
AndyRutledge
AndyRutledge

Back to top Go down

Post  0soyoung Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks for relaunching it, Andy.

I rely on it.
0soyoung
0soyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Fri May 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Thank You Andy for your work and inspiration!
Tona
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  Down Under Jason Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:11 am

Great read, definately helped me further understand the artistic side of bonsai! Thankyou for the effort!!!!

Down Under Jason

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks for sharing. Good work.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex empty Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:25 pm

This is great! Thanks.

Alex empty

Back to top Go down

Post  adge0001 Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:28 pm

This is a handy resource. Thank you.

adge0001

Back to top Go down

Post  tranbac Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:56 am

Thank all.Very Happy 

tranbac

Back to top Go down

Post  theBalance Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 am

Andy - what you write is the way I feel and believe bonsai should be.
I have known this for a long time,
but your on-line book is an amazing thing !!! finally someone is writing all of this in such a beautiful way.

I truly hope that it will inspire more and more people to take their bonsai into the next level - so it will become a tree telling a story
once this will happen many more people that are currently not practicing bonsai will be able to appreciate and enjoy our trees.

Thank you so much for your work and effort !!!
 thumbs up 
theBalance
theBalance

Back to top Go down

Post  kirk@localbonsai.com Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:04 pm

I appreciate your section on the 'Species-Specific' forms and how they form a basis from which we can build- this is one of the reasons I work mostly with local trees - because I know what they look like in the real-world.
kirk@localbonsai.com
kirk@localbonsai.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 am

good read. thank you!

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  geo Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:05 am

Much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
geo
geo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down