Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carolina Bonsai Expo. October 10-11 information request

5 posters

Go down

Carolina Bonsai Expo. October 10-11 information request Empty Carolina Bonsai Expo. October 10-11 information request

Post  Tom Simonyi Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:01 pm

The family is heading to Asheville over the long Holiday weekend in October...the website is a bit sketchy regarding info. about the bonsai exhibit schedule...if anyone (hopefully Jim Lewis will see this) could fill in details regarding workshop schedules, visiting masters, sales areas and vendors....I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Regards,
Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Carolina Bonsai Expo. October 10-11 information request Empty Re: Carolina Bonsai Expo. October 10-11 information request

Post  John Quinn Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:52 pm

I actually got an update today from the curator, Arthur Joura.
The Bonsai Expo will be Oct 10-11, 2009.

I am currently working on the descriptions for educational programming that will be offered at the 2009 Carolina Bonsai Expo. These will include the customary Saturday night main event program and 2 workshops by our guest artist, Kathy Shaner; a workshop by our good bonsai friend Jim Doyle; and an ikebana workshop with Terri Todd. As always, this information will be shared first with the members of our participating clubs. Please do not call the Arboretum to make reservations for any Expo programming at this time, as we are not yet set up to handle it.

There is a nice vendor area; IBC member Dale Cochoy will be there again! I did not get there last year, perhaps Dale can chime in re. vendors likely to be there.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Carolina Bonsai Expo. October 10-11 information request Empty Re: Carolina Bonsai Expo. October 10-11 information request

Post  Dale Cochoy Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:36 pm

Vendors are in the new building at the other end of the parking lot from the arboretum collection/building. This new building allows for a few more vendors than the old room next to the display in the main building. I think there were 13 last year if I remember correctly spread out on both floors. Vending is officially Saturday from 9-5 and Sunday noon to 4. But, lots of shopping going on during setup on Friday afternoon as I recall.
The show of club members trees is VERY nice, and the arboretum display is very attractive in a slowly descending twisting walk through the display.
Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:34 pm

If you have not made reservations for accomodations, don't delay too long as hotels will fill up with tourists seeking nice autumn colors!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:01 pm

And once again, I live less than 40 miles to the south, and have an extra bedroom or two . . .
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Good note John!

BTW, I stay at a Motel 6 about 10 miles from the Arboretum out on Tunnel Rd. and have found it is 1/2 the price of the motels near the arboretum that time of year!
Plus, a 'Waffle House' right next door for Sunday AM!!! bounce

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  flor1 Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Anyone here know yet if the workshops are on both days or just on Saturday night planning on going for the day on Saturday but haven't been able to find a schedule yet. Thanks for any help.

flor1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down