Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya

3 posters

Go down

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Empty Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya

Post  Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:26 pm

During my resent visit to Omiya. I took some photos of stones in gardens.......( I owerheard one person say to another- normaly people take photos of the bonsai, and not the stones under the tables) Embarassed

In Mansei-en was among many other stones theese.....
Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1951

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1952

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1953

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1954

Back to top Go down

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Empty Re: Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya

Post  Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 pm

In the next garden I found theese stones....Sorry, I did not catch the name of the garden, only, that it is normaly not open to the public
Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1955

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1956

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1957

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1958

Please enjoy.

Kind regards Yvonne

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_1959

Back to top Go down

Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Empty Re: Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya

Post  William N. Valavanis Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:57 pm

The second garden you visited was Kyuka-en Bonsai Garden, established by Kyuzo Murata, now cared for by his son Isamu and grandson Yukio. Kyuzo Murata was instrumental and a leader in the modern suiseki world when it was established decades ago.

Bill
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello Yvonne,
Glad you stepped out of the normal and made pictures of the stones.
Nice they where polite and recognized 'normally they do not do that'
they where not saying a 'normal person would not do that' !!
Lovely info from Bill Valavanis, yes what happens with all those stones in the garden in the future?
Under snow here.
Sunip Wink
Stones in two of the gardens in Omiya Img_4010

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm

The stones in the gardens are "aging" to develop patina.
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:07 pm

normally people take photos of the bonsai and not the stones under the tables....LOL

So helpful to see how the stones are aged and how they do it. thanks Yvonne Smile

And nice to have Bill to take time to add to the conversation.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:25 pm

William N. Valavanis wrote:The stones in the gardens are "aging" to develop patina.
Hello,
Sorry Bill, i was not clear enough, when i was asking what would happen with all those stones having outdoor yoseki,
i was thinking of the children of Murata who are taking care of his collection,
not something everybody can say for sure.
Nature gives and takes, reassuring.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:57 am

Hi Bill

Many thanks for your input...it is nice to actully know the name of the garden....I was told the owner of this garden maintain the emperors bonsaitrees.
I did not look to me, as stones was cared so much for any more, as many of them, easily could have been in a daisa for years already, as the yoseki was OLD.....I moved one of the stones, and could see, it had not been turned for ever.....but it was worth to note, the bench was not owergrown from weed and algues....so cared for in some sense they were.
Some of the stones with the oldest patina, looked like granite to me, and this kind of stonesurface does not change at all, it has to be found old, rubbing patina can be added......
It is the first time, I see granitestones ment for suiseki in Japan.... all of them in the same garden Smile ....I still have not seen photos, or "live" suiseki from granite though, not even thought to my self " could this be a granite"

Hi Sunip and Dick
I guess I am a stonefreak Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down