Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased

2 posters

Go down

Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased Empty Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi, normally I do not make impulse purchases of pre-bonsai material without knowing what it was, but I'd been watching a plant in a bonsai pot for a few months, and could never figure out what it was. It finally ended up in the sales section, for the price of a cheap coffee, so it's "mine" now. It isn't in any of the bonsai books I have (which may not be a good thing), nor can I find it on the internet with my keywords...
Just in case the picture does not show (1st timer)..here is a description..
Does not "bleed", nor does a pulled off and crushed leaf smell of anything.
Has tiny stipules at each new section of leaf. Very tiny but prickly just the same. Not a thorn, more of a "sliver"
Leaf pretty much attaches right to the stem or "trunk". No petiole.
Leaf is about an inch long (again no smell when pulled off, squished etc)
Stem/trunk seems to be "flat" or rectangle, as opposed to roundish.
New stem growth is green
No hair etc on the leaf.

It's very young right now, so not even sure if it grows a real "trunk", but it does turn woody.
It could be of the citrus family, but I can't smell anything citrusy when I pulled off the leaf etc.

Thanks in advance for any guesses or confirmation. It's neat all the same to me to own!
I took it out of it's bonsai pot, and put it into a regular pot with akadama just to grow it out more..

[img]Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased IMG_01971[/img]

Back to top Go down

Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased Empty Re: Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased

Post  Stan Kengai Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Looks like dwarf gardenia to me (Gardenia jasminoides 'Radicans').

Stan Kengai

Back to top Go down

Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased Empty Thank you!

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Thank you very much! I think that's it!

Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased Empty Re: Please help identify pre-bonsai puchased

Post  Cockroach Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 am

Could it possibly be ixora sp.?
Cockroach
Cockroach

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down