Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are modern pots going in the right direction? my thoughts and hopefully yours

+16
JudyB
lennard
Rubarb
Todd Ellis
Rob Addonizio
peter krebs
Dale Cochoy
Khaimraj Seepersad
fiona
Ryan B
JimLewis
BigDave
Stone Monkey
Billy M. Rhodes
level320
marcus watts
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

are modern pots going in the right direction? my thoughts and hopefully yours - Page 4 Empty Re: are modern pots going in the right direction? my thoughts and hopefully yours

Post  peter krebs Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi Tony,

a very expressive arrangement, very modern,
I like it very much! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Best wishes
Peter
peter krebs
peter krebs

Back to top Go down

are modern pots going in the right direction? my thoughts and hopefully yours - Page 4 Empty Re: are modern pots going in the right direction? my thoughts and hopefully yours

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Once again,

the tree decides.
This is so much of - a storm in a teacup.
Later,
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Tony,

that is a beautiful tree, featuring a dragon's head and a young lady bending down to lend aid. I am not so sure about the ribcage.

Perhaps rocks, to show that someone needs help, and in doing so a Guan Yen is born.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Peter

Thanks for the link, very interesting pots I like them very much and the pots really lend a fresh approach to Bonsai. Hope that you are well?

Tony

The Calligrapher works well, the pot shape mimics some of the tree shape and contours. Is this an Erik creation?

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Andy, yes its one of Eriks, he brought this for me at Burrs.. it was NOT made for the tree affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 am

Tony, and all,

I too like the arrangement, especially the color of the container with the foliage/needles. These two elements are working very well together. One can't overlook the aesthetics of color in any artistic relationship...

The shape of the trunk and the container mimic each other too. Interesting!

This is one of those compositions that pushes bonsai into the expressionistic realm! Cool

Thanks for letting me share!

rob
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwyther Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm

[quote="Ryan B"]Vic,
Right on! I've been spouting off about the unsuitability of the "frame analogy" for years! Glad you posted this. I love your pots too, btw, they're outstanding.

Hi Ryan
Agreed, the frame analogy has never sat easy with me, but it is used so often that i think a lot of people just take it for granted. Thanks for the kind words ! Smile

Vic
Gwyther
Gwyther

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4