Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The value there is in silence ------------- to contemplate

2 posters

Go down

The value there is in silence ------------- to contemplate Empty The value there is in silence ------------- to contemplate

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:24 am

Now don't get me wrong I like to look at the very dramatic, and life in death, the extreme bonsai designs.

BUT the eye tires of such high [ at times melodramatic ] drama very quickly.

Take a hint from Oil Painting at the Old Master level [ Begins with Da Vinci ends with Goya - lets be clear ] the dramatic and shocking give way to peaceful and contemplative.
Small wonder Madonnas can remain for a long in the memory.

I am saying this because Bonsai often ends up being Barnum and Bailey, it is as though everyone got hit by lightning, termites or were run over repeatedly by a truck / snow and whipped by sand laiden winds.

The idea is contemplation, in order to gain any real substance. The longer the viewer looks, and then looks in their memory, the greater the effect of the tree/landscape.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

The value there is in silence ------------- to contemplate Empty Re: The value there is in silence ------------- to contemplate

Post  BigDave Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:
I am saying this because Bonsai often ends up being Barnum and Bailey, it is as though everyone got hit by lightning, termites or were run over repeatedly by a truck / snow and whipped by sand laiden winds.

Wow bonsai sounds like fun in the West Indies. Your writing is impressive, like a poem almost
BigDave
BigDave

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum