Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hill'

Go down

Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hill' Empty Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hill'

Post  Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello! Smile

I was given a Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hill' in a pot, 60 cm. tall. I had my doubts about making a bonsai out of it so I planted it in the ground not far from my home. It is thriving! But now I'm having second thoughts about it. What is the bonsai potential of a Wallichiana? Help me to decide, please. Shall I leave it there or dig it up again next spring and get to work?

Back to top Go down

Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hill' Empty Re: Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hill'

Post  GašperG Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm not familiar with that species and if i google it, all kinds of varieties come up as bonsai except this one. Maybe for a reason...those long falling needles look like they need to be wired Laughing. If (and only you know)the tree has an interesting frame and you know you could shorten the needles, then go for it... I wasn't much help, was I... scratch
GašperG
GašperG

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:21 am

GašperG wrote:I'm not familiar with that species and if i google it, all kinds of varieties come up as bonsai except this one. Maybe for a reason...those long falling needles look like they need to be wired Laughing. If (and only you know)the tree has an interesting frame and you know you could shorten the needles, then go for it... I wasn't much help, was I... scratch

Yes, I'm thinking the same as you. Those needles are VERY long. Perhaps as an extra large bonsai it could be nice, but it would have to be very large. Here is a photo of it the day I planted it outside, but it is now much greener and healthy ... Arrow
Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hill' Pinus_10

Maybe I'll leave it grow outside for a few more years and see if it can become a bonsai later.

Thanks for your input!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down