Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure if its considered a kusamono ?

4 posters

Go down

Not sure if its considered a kusamono ? Empty Not sure if its considered a kusamono ?

Post  sixhunter Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:08 am

Not sure if its considered a kusamono ? Kusamono001
sixhunter
sixhunter

Back to top Go down

Not sure if its considered a kusamono ? Empty Re: Not sure if its considered a kusamono ?

Post  AlainK Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am

A kusavolcamono maybe?... Wink

I think many of us, including myself, tend to use the term "kusamono" for accent plants, the ones that are associated with a bonsai in a presentation. I've just checked, and it seems the word "shitakusa" is the right term.

In my opinion, any plant in any pot that can match a tree regarding shape, colour and movement can be considered as a shitakusa.

From what I've just read, kusamono are plants that are displayed individually for their interest and their beauty.

So yes, this can be a kusamono.

What is the plant?
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Not sure if its considered a kusamono ? Empty Re: Not sure if its considered a kusamono ?

Post  fiona Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:00 am

I'd let it grow a bit bigger because, like Alain suggets, it has that exploding volcano look about it which would be enhanced if it were a bit larger.

I like it!
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  sixhunter Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:09 am

i think its a weed lol, i found it growing beside one of my bonsai after a few wks, din really notice it as it was growing shrubb'ly covered mostly by the bonsai foliage. So took the trouble to undig it out carefully, thought it has the nice small leaflets which has good proportions with comparison to its overall size.
sixhunter
sixhunter

Back to top Go down

Not sure if its considered a kusamono ? Empty Not Sure if it is considered a Kusamono

Post  bonsaisr Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:28 pm

AlainK wrote:
From what I've just read, kusamono are plants that are displayed individually for their interest and their beauty.
A kusamono is not a single plant. A kusamono is a dish-garden arrangement of herbaceous plants, flowering or foliage, maybe including a tree seedling. A kusamono may be displayed like a bonsai.
In the old days, in Japan, bonsai was strictly reserved for men. Ladies who were similarly inclined did kusamono or ikebana.
The little plant looks like what we call artillery plant, Pilea microphylla. It is often found growing in pots with tropical bonsai or house plants. It is considered harmless.
The pot shaped like a tree stump is a bit distracting to be used for a bonsai accent plant. A shitakusa is used to complement or set off a bonsai, & should not compete with it.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down