Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai magazine subscription...which is/are the best?

+12
Khaimraj Seepersad
Brian Van Fleet
coh
drgonzo
Mitch Thomas
fiona
stagz
rock
Peter E.
Billy M. Rhodes
JimLewis
Poink88
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bonsai magazine subscription...which is/are the best? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bonsai magazine subscription...which is/are the best?

Post  Poink88 Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Khaimraj,

Thanks for the offer. I think our club have them...I'll check next meeting.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Bonsai magazine subscription...which is/are the best? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bonsai magazine subscription...which is/are the best?

Post  Jkd2572 Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 am

I like the abs. Journal of American bonsai society. The actually write fresh current articles. Some of the other publish articles that were written some time ago.

Jkd2572

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:07 am

Mitch,
I am stunned that you weren't given a refund or allowed to receive the rest of your three year's worth of Bonsai Focus. Did you contact Bonsai Focus to explain?
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulH Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:34 pm

stagz wrote:fiona- READ while on the toilet by all means! i have a stack of em right on the tank!

LOL! Me too!
PaulH
PaulH

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Todd Ellis wrote:Mitch,
I am stunned that you weren't given a refund or allowed to receive the rest of your three year's worth of Bonsai Focus. Did you contact Bonsai Focus to explain?
Todd
I agree.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:25 am

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:I think Europe is its own Bonsai world and Bonsai Focus is European.

interesting..........do you think America is its own bonsai world too?

I drift in and out of love with mags - have not had a subscription for about 4 yrs now but will have a Bonsai Focus one for next year as they are putting out some really interesting articles recently.

marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:17 am

marcus watts wrote:
Billy M. Rhodes wrote:I think Europe is its own Bonsai world and Bonsai Focus is European.

interesting..........do you think America is its own bonsai world too?

marcus

I suppose the US is also its own Bonsai world to some extent, but I personally feel more affinity to tropical and subtropical Asia and America than I do Europe. I think part of it might be the species we grow, you don't do many tropicals in Europe, but also from what I have seen the less traditional styles of pots and trees are more popular in Europe.

Billy
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 pm

If you can get hold of the current International Bonsai Magazine (2012 #3), it should make up your mind for you. Mine arrived Friday.

Partial contents:

• A picture essay by Kyosuke Gun (MY hero for all of his little trees) on creating a Podocarpus mini.

• Eight gorgeous photos of the prize winners from the U.S. National Exhibition 6that Bill and others put on.

• A bit of bonsai history regarding a Jpanese hemlock given to the National Arboretum collection by the Japanese royal family.

• An article by Bill (first of a series about the Classical and traditional Japanese forms for bonsai) describing the Informal Upright Design.

• An excellent article by Kimura on designing a juniper from scratch -- first of a two-parter.

• The latest John Romano column on shohin.

• Pics from the 86th National Bonsai Exhibit (Kokufu Bonsai Ten).

And more.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2