Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ficus burtt-davidii 1991

+5
Sam Ogranaja
Jerry Meislik
amazonida
Billy M. Rhodes
Andre Beaurain
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ficus burtt-davidii 1991

Post  Andre Beaurain Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:L.L.B.,

as we say on our side, too many cooks spoil the broth. So if you are stepping in, I will step out. I am not sure how much Andre' can handle, and I don't want to cause anymore hurt.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
You did not hurt me ad all dearest Khaimraj. It might sound like it, but believe me I can handle it, so keep it coming.....ThumbsUp 

Love and light

I
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:20 pm

jun wrote:IMHO Andre. 6 Branches from the left side, (Top branches ) if removed it will look much better.

regards,
jun Smile 
Which ones Jun?

..... you better do virtual between the kids attention time...hihihihi#

Thank you for your time guys.

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Okay Andre',

I will do the rest as drawn images, will take a while.

L.L.B, it is called - respect - for your abilities.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 am

Andre,

Here is what I have in mind,,,
LLB- please do post your idea, i think it is ok to have many ideas to choose from.

Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Img_3610

regards,
jun Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Andre

Nice progressing...like Jun do I think the 6 branches is too much, the shallow bonsaipot is a good option.

You already have done well, and I look forward to a update.

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:59 am

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:Okay Andre',

I will do the rest as drawn images, will take a while.

L.L.B, it is called - respect - for your abilities.
Later.
Khaimraj
Thank you Khaimraj, I'm waiting in aticipation....cant wait to see, as Jun said I also think one should have many options then its easier to follow.

I'm having a blond moment for what does L.LB mean? I dont understand: "LLB, it is called - respect for your abilities." Forgive me, please explain.

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:02 am

jun wrote:Andre,

Here is what I have in mind,,,
LLB- please do post your idea, i think it is ok to have many ideas to choose from.

Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Img_3610

regards,
jun  Smile 
JUN this is stunning again.  I'm glad you left my rock in because I really like it, but I still want to see Khaimraj's option.

Is the branches blowing up because of the rock?  So I should bend them all slightly up again?  

One good thing of removing the six branches is that I will have another six little trees to train..hihihihihi

Love and light

And thank you Yvonne, I'm glad you also like it, thanks for the encouragement . Like a Star @ heaven 
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  eddieperth Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:41 am

I am fairly new to bonsai, but just wanted to say that I think this tree looks awesome!

I really like Jun's latest concept of putting what you have on a larger tray.

It's not 'natural', but the impression I get is of wind blowing so hard that it is ripping the ground up! Love it! To me this is more 'conceptual art' than natural landscape. I appreciate both!

eddieperth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:15 am

Andre L.L.B. means I am going to be rich someday...Khaimraj said I look like one of the family members and his parents are rich folks, So I'll be expecting some Inheritance of sort someday as a "Long Lost Brother"...hehe.  king $$$

BTW, glad you like our concept.

regards,
jun Smile

Last edited by jun on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:26 am

eddieperth wrote:I am fairly new to bonsai, but just wanted to say that I think this tree looks awesome!

I really like Jun's latest concept of putting what you have on a larger tray.

It's not 'natural', but the impression I get is of wind blowing so hard that it is ripping the ground up!  Love it!  To me this is more 'conceptual art' than natural landscape.  I appreciate both!

Thanks!

It is natural. You see, wind blowing in nature blows upwards if it is near the ground. Not sideways, so the logical thing for designing windswept bonsai is to follow this natural phenomenon of the wind. Even if there is a rock or cliff, if the wind continously blows, it blow the branches and twigs in an upward motion. The cliff wall or boulder represented by the rock in this design will not block the wind but will serve as a deflection when the wind blows from the front of the wall of rock.
In Robert Steven Books, he explains this phenomenon using umbrella forced in upward motion in a high velocity wind or a woman's skirt also blown upward,,,,So you see it is very natural. and looking at a woman's skirt (not legs) being blown upward is also a natural thing (for man) Suspect Suspect 

regards,
jun Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:41 am

Example:

A tree with back against the mountain
Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Images10

The same concept on branching
Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Index10

regards,
jun Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Good morning to All,
Okay Andre',

here you go. This is an image and idea based on a flat 2d photo image, okay. I am using a technique evolved by L.L.B, drawing the image directly from the screen with tracing paper and a soft 6b pencil.

This will give an exact reproduction of what you have shown, and not an interpretation leading to a pretty picture.

In image 1. I offer a bonding of the tree and rock. It would however probably expect you to chisel some of that rock.
Fewer branches, and fewer, but thicker roots. Many branchlets as you wish.

The V's are moss, being used as part of the design.

The idea being the tree grew with the protection of the rock, perhaps an islet, and then the winds came into play.
The thicker roots illustrate the tension and compression that comes with the tree trying to support itself. Seen in image 2.

Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Ficus_10

Image 2

Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Ficus_11

A simplified idea of a tree grown on a flat with the effect of the wind.
The biggest suggestion here is putting more effort into showing the wind acting on the trunk, and the roots are very important.
Any how, whatever you decide, best to you.
Khaimraj

Questions ?
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Empty Banter and Jest

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:49 pm

L.L.B,

As you know both parents passed away some years ago. All that is left is this,

http://www.leterrae.com/Italian_villa_Italy8.jpg

However, I am in a position to, at a later date send you some part of the structure tongue 
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Khaimraj That is absolutely great thank you!  
It's not gonna work placing the tree against the rock, although that is a very good idea.  It actually has very thick roots which radiate from the trunk, and I'm not going to remove these to make it fit.  
Also there is no way I will cut the rock.  I believe that rocks can be sentient, and I for one, cannot handle cut stones, it hurts me in my gut.....Yes I know I'm weird....

Eddie from Australia thank you so much, getting praise is for a bonsai is heart warming .....

Thank you Jun for correcting Eddie and educating us again..... hihihihihii

I was sitting inside in front of the Fire,   with a lovely glass of  2008 Shiraz Whine, i'ts still pouring down with rain outside.... paging through Roberts book; 'Vision of My Soul' when I came across this page, and I thought to myself, hell this is pretty damn close, isnt it?  The sketch he made is almost the same as my stone! cheers 

Ficus burtt-davidii 1991 - Page 2 Bonsai10

Forgive me Robert for doing this without permission, but you can see Why.  I would still love your opinion, but I doubt that you look at my mediocre little trees... jocolor 

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:15 am

I did Pm Robert, and did get his permission for posting this page..

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaco Kriek Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Andre, I like your tree and think it has great potensial. You probably know that the leafs reduce dramatically. By the way (not that it matters) the correct spelling is Ficus burtt-davyi. Enjoy your tree.

Regards

Jaco Kriek
Jaco Kriek

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Jaco Kriek wrote:Andre, I like your tree and think it has great potensial. You probably know that the leafs reduce dramatically. By the way (not that it matters) the correct spelling is Ficus burtt-davyi. Enjoy your tree.

Regards

Of course it matters. And thank you Jaco. I forget sometimes. But will remember to make a note of it. I fee shame as an horticulturist. Embarassed 

Rudi Adam has discovered 5 different burtt davyi (Wink  varieties in nature. This one unfortunately is the one with the biggest leaves. And so they all slightly differ in leave size.

Thank you for the compliment.

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willoughby Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi Andre,

I like your Ficus alot, it conveys a story of struggle against the elements.

I remember discussing this type of style for figs elsewhere with a couple of Fig guru's and they did say (as I have attempted a couple myself, not as nice as yours too) the hardest part with this design will be how convincing it looks when in leaf.

To be fair to Eddie, I also agree with him that this style isn't "Natural" to the species persay, which I do think it is what he was saying. Yes this style does occur naturally in nature, but more with species other than "Ficus". With that in mind, wouldn't it be plausible to then say, "With the differences that happen in nature, provided one looks long, far and wide enough, every possible style in Bonsai that has been created already and those that have yet to be thought of should be considered Natural, what our minds are yet to conceive, Mother Nature beat us to it long ago."

Look forward to following your progression with this mate.

Cheers

David
David Willoughby
David Willoughby

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:21 pm

O Thank you David! cheers 

Yes when in leave this tree will look totally different. I will show it here. But I think this will only go in the house on display every winter when it changes its leaves. It is not deciduous but the leaves do drop all at once before the new flush. Then only will it look windswept, and go inside for a weekend. Me thinks.

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2