Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest

5 posters

Go down

This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest Empty This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest

Post  Fox CWB Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi IBC members

After a long period of time far from bonsai (marriage / new house etc..), I am back to show my black pine seeds collected last month. There are much more to collect....

This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest P1010512

This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest P1010613

This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest P1010612
Fox CWB
Fox CWB

Back to top Go down

This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest Empty Re: This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest

Post  Fox CWB Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi,
I forgot to add a question.
Is it commun just find one or two seeds per cone??
this is my average. i think it is too low.
thanks
Fox
Fox CWB
Fox CWB

Back to top Go down

This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest Empty Re: This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest

Post  Poink88 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Fox CWB wrote:Is it commun just find one or two seeds per cone??
this is my average. i think it is too low.
Not sure but you probably got beaten to it by critters and birds.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:58 pm

The seeds fall out mostly while the cones are on the trees. You should be collecting them from the trees, just as they are getting ripe. When you collect from the ground you will not get many, if any, good seeds.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  kenhtiendung Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 am

Very good for next sesion

kenhtiendung

Back to top Go down

Post  newzealandteatree Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:11 am

This is my experiences. I pluck them from the tree in Summer. Keep them in an envelop. After about a week, some will open, a few seeds will fall out. I will take the open ones, knock them and more seeds will fall out. In some cases, I get a handful and in some cases up to 30. Those that did not open naturally, I forced them open and worked thru the layers. In this way I get more seeds. I have the feeling that those that did not fall out naturally are no good. I am waiting for the new season to find out. Here are my JBP seedlings for this year. Seed harvested in Jan, sowed in March. I am below the equator.
Cheers, CJ.
This Year Japanese Black Pine Harvest Dsc01910
newzealandteatree
newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down