Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai in North Ohio

2 posters

Go down

Bonsai in North Ohio Empty Bonsai in North Ohio

Post  Jim Doiron Thu May 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hey everyone, I am going to be in Sandusky OH for a week in late june and wanted to see if anyone knew of things/places to be for bonsai. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I always derailing a family vacation with my obsession. Very Happy Thanks
Jim Doiron
Jim Doiron

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in North Ohio Empty Re: Bonsai in North Ohio

Post  dick benbow Tue May 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Shoot! if your request would have come 40 years ago when i was news director for WLEC, I would have been all over your request. Smile

But I up and moved to a suburb of seattle. still if your travels ever take you to this part of the country, I'd love to show you around to numerous fabulous bonsai viewing opportunities.

I hope you find someone who'll lend a hand with your obsession Smile

best regards
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Doiron Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks for the reply Dick. Sorry I missed you but if I'm ever near Seattle I'll be sure to let you know. I posted something in the suiseki forum but thought I might ask you since you probably know the area; are there any places you could suggest for rock collecting? We are planning to take some trips to the coast of Lake Erie which I have been to before and seem to remember the coast (although we were closer to Erie PA) being particularly rocky. Thanks again, Jim
Jim Doiron
Jim Doiron

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:31 am

back then i did a lot of fishing. shale and sandstone (not the kind you want for suiseki) was prevelent. here in wshington state we're very fortunate to have lots of good hard black rocks. another reason for you to come visit Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down